This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0

Thread: Two weeks in Aruba

Post Thanks / Like

Two weeks in Aruba

We returned to Iowa after two wonderful weeks. We flew into Chicago with 45 degrees and then drove in relatively hard rain for three hours to home. Welcome back.
    We stayed at Amsterdam Manor. Got upgraded to a suite after booking their Superior Studio. With half the resort closed due to renovations it was really quiet. Missed the pool bar and happy hour but enjoyed the quiet. Love the location and look forward to staying again next year, though we are thinking we may try a condo.
    Being on Eagle beach is great. We usually try and go on a couple excursions but opted to spend our time at the beach this year to avoid gatherings. Next year. But hanging out at the beach, swimming and reading led to a very relaxed two weeks.
    We ate out every other night and generally had enough left overs for a good meal the next evening. With Super Foods less than a five minute walk away, we had breakfast and lunch at the room. Curfew didn’t bother us as we enjoyed sitting out on the patio sipping wine and enjoying the beautiful evenings. Really enjoyed wines from Chili which were very affordable. We ate at Madam Janettes, Mathews, Moombas, Wacky Wahoo, Terrazza and Las Ramblas. Terraza was our favorite especially with the view. We had pizza one night and pasta another. Madam Janettes is usually our favorite but while good it was not as good as the past couple times. The food at Las Ramblas was good but the flies were so thick that after five minutes we had them box it up. Moombas is a neat place to hang out.
    we had fish one dinner from Daily Fish next to Super Foods. The grilled snapper was excellent.
    We tested for our return flight next door at La Cabana. Pretty simple process.
    Overall a really nice trip. Just our third time to Aruba but not our last.
    0 3

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for sharing.
    it’s funny you mentioned flies.... it has been so windy we have seen none.

again, thanks !
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks so much for sharing your trip with us. Time to start planning your next trip!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Thank you for sharing.
    it’s funny you mentioned flies.... it has been so windy we have seen none.

again, thanks !
    Yes, we hadn't either. Seconds after getting our food they decended. Relentless. Waitress stated "wait until the sun goes down and they will be gone" Ate at other places outside at around same time, no flies. Not sure, would eat there again but not until 730.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Edandgrace View Post
    Yes, we hadn't either. Seconds after getting our food they decended. Relentless. Waitress stated "wait until the sun goes down and they will be gone" Ate at other places outside at around same time, no flies. Not sure, would eat there again but not until 730.
    They were apologetic and discounted us 10%. Very nice staff.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing.
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like a perfect vacation!

The fly issue happened to me on one trip but at Matthews Beach Side Grill. I had a table along the edge of water view. Sipping my Martini no issues but as soon as my steak n shrimp came flies galore. Then I had to use the rest room but didn't want to get up on account that I had not finished my meal and was afraid of the fly invasions. I held on until I could not hold it and they did come in storming so the waiter but a cover on top of the food. Just awful but not something they could control.

Thanks for sharing..
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing! I really enjoy hearing about everyone's vacations!
    0 0