This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Visit #34 - Dec. 15-22, 2019

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yes, turning left is convenient.....but the road is now narrow and very slow moving.
    I really dislike the 2 way traffic. yes the going is slow due to those speed humps and tables....but I miss the median and the oncoming cars on the other side of the median.
    we drove past your condo and schexc's condo numerous times and each time waved and said hi.
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I know Andrea. I was really interested in seeing what they did by us at Oceania. Crossing the road was sometimes challenging because people do not stop when turning on from the side street. Now that the vegetation outside of the complex is gone(over grown stuff) and the speed table is there, it should help, maybe. It'll be nice being able to make the left from the side street instead of making the right and having to turn around.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    With the number of people on Eagle crossing over to the beach, the speed bumps added needed safety for them. I just wish that they had indicated them a little better, as they sneak up on you in the dark. And like Robin said, the ability to turn left is convenient. It will be interesting to see what the end result of the project looks like.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.thepearlaruba.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the idea was to slow people down. People would fly down from Alhambra area and only slowed when they got near the speed table/turn around in front of phase two of Oceania. You have no idea how many times we heard screeching brakes and just wait to hear the sound of cars hitting-which happen at least once. People tended to slow down between there and Amsterdam Manor, but for us crossing the street to the beach was like player Frogger. With people being able to make the left turn it should lessen the traffic in front of our condo, (not having to make the right to go to the turn around), the speed bumps and slower traffic it should be easier to cross the street, hopefully. In the original plans, that intersection was going be a roundabout.
    Last edited by robin; 12-27-2019 at 02:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like they did leave the lighting for the lane they are no longer using, so it will be nice to be able to walk there at night. I like to walk to dinner if we can and it seems like it will be much easier to walk to the resorts near Alhambra now. Now to convince hubby to walk so I can have a drink or two with dinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    While my driving videos were done with my video camera, I just remembered I also took a video with my phone. It's the landing of my flight at Queen Beatrix Airport (first time I have had a window seat in quite some time). You'll hear the flight attendant shouting over the speakers for someone to return to their seat about 30 seconds before landing! Unbelievable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLkdcF89bs
    Last edited by rpumpire; 12-28-2019 at 09:07 PM.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    one of the best sights and videos to see!
    landing in Aruba.

Rich..have you ever landed from the south?
    in all of our trips we have only landed from the south 2x.
    but, we have always taken off towards the south.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Nope, I have always landed and taken off in this direction.

I will always remember my first landing in Aruba. It was before they had the jetways, so you got your first Aruba breeeze square in the face the moment you stepped off the plane!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    one of the best sights and videos to see!
    landing in Aruba.

Rich..have you ever landed from the south?
    in all of our trips we have only landed from the south 2x.
    but, we have always taken off towards the south.
    Last edited by rpumpire; 12-28-2019 at 09:18 PM.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    You made me so happy with this video! Thank-you!

Quote Originally Posted by rpumpire View Post
    While my driving videos were done with my video camera, I just remembered I also took a video with my phone. It's the landing of my flight at Queen Beatrix Airport (first time I have had a window seat in quite some time). You'll hear the flight attendant shouting over the speakers for someone to return to their seat about 30 seconds before landing! Unbelievable!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWLkdcF89bs

Post Thanks / Like
    That video instantly made me relax. I always have the window seat and have that view. It never gets old.

0 1