This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam 2020!

Post Thanks / Like
    The burgers are as good as the wings, it's the reason we go many times every visit.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Today was a pool day with some rain. We walked down to Carlito's and had a drink and wandered back. This evening we went to Iguana Cantina. The margaritas are superb. As are the bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp which we had along with the margaritas. The tables are set apart and they take your contact info and temperature before seating you. Felt very safe. Then it was off to Moomba. Those of you that have read any of my past reports know we love Moomba. It was there that the trip really got started. Two of our favorite people, Matt and Tess were working. They survived the down time and are now back at work, we are so happy for them. It was like old times seeing them. Then we ran into Roy, a super friend we've known since we first started going to Aruba. He is doing well and was happy to see us. So it almost seemed like a normal night. Moomba was not crowded at all, there was a guy singing and everyone behaved, kind of different from the old Sunday locals night where everyone is packed in like sardines. But it was Moomba at it's finest, we will visit many more times this trip, regardless of the fact there is no seating at the bar. And now we're back in the room chillin, deciding what tomorrow will bring before our get together at Local Store.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I loved the wings...the burgers not so much.
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt - we stopped in at Carlitos too during the early games. Sorry we missed you!

Post Thanks / Like
    We were there during the pregame shows and had a drink. I think if there is one thing that confuses me it's that businesses can't have seating at the bar, but hotels and resorts can. What's up with that? From the website:

All bars, rum shops, and nightclubs are closed until further notice. Restaurant bars can serve at tables only. There will be no bar stools and no standing at bars..
    Hotel bars can serve at the bar for only registered hotel guests

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    there is no bar seating at the path path pool bar at lacabana

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We were there during the pregame shows and had a drink. I think if there is one thing that confuses me it's that businesses can't have seating at the bar, but hotels and resorts can. What's up with that? From the website:

All bars, rum shops, and nightclubs are closed until further notice. Restaurant bars can serve at tables only. There will be no bar stools and no standing at bars..
    Hotel bars can serve at the bar for only registered hotel guests
    My guess is that they are aiming the above regulations for the locals to stop the spread among themselves. If hotels are only allowed to serve guests, then those people have been tested(although a negative test does not necessarily mean you are negative).

Post Thanks / Like
    There is at Ocean Club, we tried it out yesterday

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We love Local Store too! The funchi fries are really good there! We have also gone several times on both our trips and will next trip too. That, and Cafe 080 have rocketed to the top of our lists of fave places.

Walt - have you had any Slippery Monkeys yet??
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    No slippery monkeys yet, waiting on my friend at Surf Club to come back to work (he's off Sunday and Monday). Then I will have a slippery monkey or two cause he makes the best.

0 2