This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam 2020!

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a new favorite drink. It's called a Santo Blanco and it is a drink our friend and best bartender ever Jenard came up with and is now on the menu at Surf Club. I did have a slippery monkey for those of you that asked, (sorry Jay, I stopped drinking diet soda a couple of years ago) but the Santo Blanco is my new favorite. I had a couple at Flip Flop Beach Bar and Pam had a couple Aruba Aribas. The drink is so good and coconutty it even comes with a shredded coconut rim. We spent the day on the beach today and are back up for showers and I think we're gonna have dinner in the room before heading out to Ling's for a couple of things. We will probably walk around Palm Beach later and see what's open and maybe stop in for a drink somewhere.

Phrogg, those are my "fancy, go out shoes". Otherwise in Aruba it's always Olukais.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Phrogg, those are my "fancy, go out shoes". Otherwise in Aruba it's always Olukais.
    I had wanted these for SO LONG and finally decided to get myself a pair right before we went to Aruba in October. I was going to bring them with me, but they were not broken in enough and I didn't want blisters. Next trip though, they are probably coming with me!
    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    What is Santo Blanco? You said "coconutty" and it got my attention.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes! Tell us more, Walt! If it's replaced Slippery Monkeys, we need to know what's in it besides coconuttiness!

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    What is Santo Blanco? You said "coconutty" and it got my attention.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The Santo Blanco is a concoction of white curacao, coco lopez, Malibu rum and I'm sure something else I'm forgetting. With the coconut rim it screams beachy drink.

0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    This evening we had some leftovers in the room and waked down to South Beach Plaza. Man it's a ghost town. Several shops open, but nobody inside. We were surprised and saddened that Hard Rock is gone. We'd only gone in there a few times in the past, but apparently it was a victim of covid. We wound up at a Dutch bar called The Pub and had a couple of 3 dollar cocktails. It was a nice place and a Dutch guy was celebrating his birthday. We finished up and made our way back to Ocean Club. I measured our walk and it was a little over a mile and three quarters total. So the way I figure it the walk offset the cocktails, right? Tomorrow we may drive around the island hitting Rum Reef and Charlies and doing some sightseeing.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    1 Slippery Monkey.....2 Slippery Monkey......3 Slippery Monkey ......oh wait......here comes the Santo Blanco!
    You also have my curiosity peaked regarding Santo Blanco. If it can top the Slippery Monkey - this must be one amazing creation.
    If you get a chance, please post a photo. ;-)
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I will try to get a photo of the santo blanco posted. This morning we rode down to San Nic/Baby Beach area. We stopped at Rum Reef for a drink and the bottom fell out. It rained like only it can in Aruba. They actually shut the windows the rain was driving so hard sideways. So that ruined any chance of going to Boca Grandi for pictures so we jumped in the car and made it as far as Kamini's Kitchen and had lunch. We pulled in, ran through the pouring rain and were seated away from the windows. Pam ordered the chana and potato curry roti and I had the curry chicken with chana and pumpkin roti. We ordered them spicy. I'm telling you guys, just like I told Kamini, that this was one of the best meals I've ever had in Aruba. We will try to go back this trip for sure. Back on the road with full bellies we headed back to Palm Beach via Watty Vos. It's a nice ride, but unless there are cruise ships downtown I don't think it's any quicker, and it definitely seems longer. Maybe I'm just used to driving through downtown.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We stop at Kamini's at least once or twice each trip. Food cost is reasonable and always delicious.

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We've only been to Kamini's once but really loved it.