This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam 2022

Post Thanks / Like
    And the kids made it, despite American Airlines best efforts to the contrary. We picked them up around 2:20, they breezed right through the airport, and we were off to Iguana Joe's for a late lunch. Everyone was pleased with their meals and we headed on to Surf Club. We got here and got down by the pool to enjoy the lazy river for a while. The travel and lack of sleep caught up and the kids were out early, except my grandson who was playing a video game. Pam and I left for dinner late and had the Rueben sandwich at North End. We weren't too impressed the other day when we went for apps, but the sandwich was really good. We sat at the bar and the food came out piping hot and quickly. We had a couple of drinks at Moomba with friends and then were back to the room, the lack of sleep catching up to me and Pam also. Up this morning early and planning on Chicken and Lobster for breakfast.
    0 4

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    glad that the kids arrived safe and sound!

how early do you have to get outside to grab pool/lazy riverside chairs?

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    And the kids made it, despite American Airlines best efforts to the contrary. We picked them up around 2:20, they breezed right through the airport, and we were off to Iguana Joe's for a late lunch. Everyone was pleased with their meals and we headed on to Surf Club. We got here and got down by the pool to enjoy the lazy river for a while. The travel and lack of sleep caught up and the kids were out early, except my grandson who was playing a video game. Pam and I left for dinner late and had the Rueben sandwich at North End. We weren't too impressed the other day when we went for apps, but the sandwich was really good. We sat at the bar and the food came out piping hot and quickly. We had a couple of drinks at Moomba with friends and then were back to the room, the lack of sleep catching up to me and Pam also. Up this morning early and planning on Chicken and Lobster for breakfast.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you and the fam are finally all together in Aruba! Enjoy your time together. Will you be there 2 more weeks?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad your daughter was able to make it- what a headache.
    Just finished trip 36 and have trip 37 Booked.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone, we're glad they made it too. Pam doesn't sleep late so she gets up early and goes down to get chairs. The chairs we get aren't special but they are convenient to pool bar, lazy river, restrooms and elevators. We are here for another 2 weeks from today.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was full of rest and relaxation. Pam took the kids to Superfoods, and I stayed in the pool and played with my grandson. We all donated to the bingo jackpot and did a bunch of laps in the lazy river. Dinner was at Local Store and we stopped by Moomba to greet friends that just got in from our hometown. They live about 3 miles from us. We were back to the room by 11:00. Breakfast in this morning, Le Petit for Mothers Day dinner.
    0 1

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great report so far. Happy Belated Birthday to Pam.

What have you been having at Chicken and Lobster? it's been on my list for breakfast for a while. Glad everyone is having a great time!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Enjoying your review.. glad the kids made it there.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Great report so far. Happy Belated Birthday to Pam.

What have you been having at Chicken and Lobster? it's been on my list for breakfast for a while. Glad everyone is having a great time!
    I always have the breakfast of champions. It's a good amount of food, so bring your appetite.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Yesterday was a great Mothers Day according to Pam and my daughter. We got breakfast sandwiches and burritos from the mini-mart downstairs and hung out by the lazy river/pool all day. Dinner was at Le Petit, we all had the Land and Sea., except for my grandson. Stopped by Moomba and had a drink with our friends and returned to the room early.

This morning we all slept in and got up ready for our trip to De Palm Island. The bus picked us up early and after several stops we were on our way. After check-in, we hopped on the boat and we were off. We reserved a private cabana so when we got to the island we had a concierge (Simon) lead us over to the "premium section" to our cabana. We were introduced to our personal bartender and server (Keisha). They were both so friendly and provided excellent service. There was a bottle of Prosecco chilled in the refrigerator along with a pitcher of ice water. The kids decided they were hungry so they went to the restaurant to grab some lunch. Pam and I walked over a bit later and enjoyed the salad bar and the potato leek soup. We went down the water slides, they were so tall and fast, the kids went snorkeling and I got my daughter and Pam foot massages as an additional post-Mothers Day treat. My grandson ate 6 hot dogs and two orders of chicken nuggets all with fries. So he definitely got his moneys worth. Overall we had a great time, decided a cabana is nice but not a must have, and that it all was well worth the money.
    1 3