This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam in Aruba 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Day 9. With the room incident put on hold till we get home, we proceeded to get on with another relaxing day. Breakfast in the room, a lunch of leftovers, lazy river and bingo. We got cleaned up and went to Tandoor for Pam's birthday dinner. We love Indian food and were not disappointed. I had Chana Masala and Pam had the vegetable Korma. The food was perfect with great service. Stopped by Moomba as is customary for a few and called it a night. Only 6 days till we move over to Holiday Inn. The reports will be much more boring once we are there, thanks for following along.
    This is motivating me to make Indian for dinner tomorrow.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 10. We usually eat breakfast in the room at Surf Club. Pam makes a breakfast sandwich with egg, gouda and bacon on an English muffin or bagel that is top notch. Add a little papaya hot sauce and it's the best on the island. So after breakfast we tried to go to the store but forgot it was Sunday. We got to Do It center and they didn't open till 10:00AM so we shot down to Superfood but the line was stretched around the back of the building. Deciding there was nothing we needed so bad we'd wait that a ridiculous line, we headed back to the lazy river. We had lunch by the pool, splitting an order of chicken tenders and fries, and got ready for bingo. After donating a few bucks to the jackpot we wandered down the beach. Stopped by the Juggling Fish, but they were closed then wandered back to Moomba for a drink. Got back to the room and decided that indeed there were a couple of things we needed from the store so we made a speed run to Do It center. Got everything on the list and headed back to Surf Cub. Got to the intersection of Irausquin and LG Smith and there was a wreck. As we slowly approached, Pam says "that looks like Matt" and sure enough it was him standing out by his new VW. We texted him later and he was okay, but his new car was damaged. After a dinner of leftovers, we headed over to Moomba. As we were walking across the sand, I heard someone call my name. It was friends of ours that hang out at the crab shack back home. We knew we were both going to be on the island at the same time, but hadn't seen each other yet. They were finishing dinner at Moomba so we sat and talked to them for a while. A couple of drinks and back to the room before curfew.
    That is a dangerous intersection, especially with the light out further up the road. I am glad your friend is okay.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Karma... is a wonderful thing. Some of you may remember a couple of years ago Pam found a guys money/credit cards floating away from shore which she retrieved and gave back to the owner. Today karma payed us back when a person found my wallet at Surf Club and returned it to the front desk and ultimately it was returned to me. They didn't leave their name and will probably never read this post, but I wish they would so they will know how eternally grateful and thankful I am.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Karma... is a wonderful thing. Some of you may remember a couple of years ago Pam found a guys money/credit cards floating away from shore which she retrieved and gave back to the owner. Today karma payed us back when a person found my wallet at Surf Club and returned it to the front desk and ultimately it was returned to me. They didn't leave their name and will probably never read this post, but I wish they would so they will know how eternally grateful and thankful I am.
    You were so very fortunate! It does the heart good to know that there are good people in this world. It’s too bad they didn’t leave name.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    you were blessed today!!!

you are fortunate indeed.

QUOTE=WaltVB;376288]Karma... is a wonderful thing. Some of you may remember a couple of years ago Pam found a guys money/credit cards floating away from shore which she retrieved and gave back to the owner. Today karma payed us back when a person found my wallet at Surf Club and returned it to the front desk and ultimately it was returned to me. They didn't leave their name and will probably never read this post, but I wish they would so they will know how eternally grateful and thankful I am.[/QUOTE]
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Karma is a wonderful thing and really does come to pay you back when you do good deeds. Glad to hear it found you!
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to see you got it back! Karma is a great thing.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 11. We sat by and floated in the lazy river all day and had a pizza for lunch. Donated to the bingo jackpot and just took it easy. Dinner was at Perla D'Italia. Pam had the Penne 4 Formaggi and I had the Linguini Carbonara. The portion size was perfect and the food was delicious. Service was very attentive and professional and the meal was very well priced. We will definitely return to this place. After dinner we walked back to the room and hung out and watched some TV. This morning started with some light showers with thick heavy clouds approaching. Heavy rain can be seen down towards the cruise ships.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 12. So in spite of the rain showers, which ended shortly after 8:00, we packed up and headed to Reflexions. We got there a little after 9:00 and most of the day we had the place to ourselves and floated in the water alone. Around noon some folks showed up for lunch, but didn't get loungers or umbrellas instead opting to eat on the deck. We went up after the lunch rush and shared a cheeseburger, fries and bang-bang shrimp. We also had a couple of cocktails but mainly we just floated around enjoying the solitude and watching the planes come in. Around 2:30 a Dutch couple arrived with their 2 kids and now there were 6 of us on the beach. A little after four, a group of Dutch kids arrived and started having buckets of Bright's and hitting the water. We finally left around 5:00 and headed back to the room for leftovers and showers. Trying to decide between another health night and Moomba, Moomba won out. We waked over and our friends from Virginia Beach were there. They were returning from Azzuro and had stopped in for one beer before heading back to Ocean's Club. We sat and talked about all of the people we knew in Aruba and come to find out it was several. A bit later one of the guys we were talking about, that we hadn't seen in a while, showed up. He was with our friend Roy who was celebrating his birthday. It was really nice to see Rick again and wish Roy a Happy Birthday. We were still sitting there talking and drinking when the lights came on at about 9:30 (so much for our friends one beer). We settled our tabs of which our friends picked up the majority of and headed back to our respective rooms. It was a really fun, relaxing day in Aruba and so nice to get away from the crowds at Surf Club for a change.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    it was a private beach for you!!!

I love that spot.

enjoy.

Day 12. So in spite of the rain showers, which ended shortly after 8:00, we packed up and headed to Reflexions. We got there a little after 9:00 and most of the day we had the place to ourselves and floated in the water alone. Around noon some folks showed up for lunch, but didn't get loungers or umbrellas instead opting to eat on the deck. We went up after the lunch rush and shared a cheeseburger, fries and bang-bang shrimp. We also had a couple of cocktails but mainly we just floated around enjoying the solitude and watching the planes come in. Around 2:30 a Dutch couple arrived with their 2 kids and now there were 6 of us on the beach. A little after four, a group of Dutch kids arrived and started having buckets of Bright's and hitting the water. We finally left around 5:00 and headed back to the room for leftovers and showers. Trying to decide between another health night and Moomba, Moomba won out. We waked over and our friends from Virginia Beach were there. They were returning from Azzuro and had stopped in for one beer before heading back to Ocean's Club. We sat and talked about all of the people we knew in Aruba and come to find out it was several. A bit later one of the guys we were talking about, that we hadn't seen in a while, showed up. He was with our friend Roy who was celebrating his birthday. It was really nice to see Rick again and wish Roy a Happy Birthday. We were still sitting there talking and drinking when the lights came on at about 9:30 (so much for our friends one beer). We settled our tabs of which our friends picked up the majority of and headed back to our respective rooms. It was a really fun, relaxing day in Aruba and so nice to get away from the crowds at Surf Club for a change.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0