This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 16 of 20 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam in Aruba 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    It is off the main drag near the DIMAS building, before you get to downtown proper.

Thank you!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 19. A bit windy but it was beautiful day in Aruba. We went downtown and had a late breakfast at Café the Plaza. I had the Dutch breakfast and Pam had the American wrap and both were really good. We went over to Lucy's to buy a couple of things then across the street to stroll through Renaissance Mall. We returned to HI and hit the beach. We came off the beach around 5:00 and had dinner at Salt and Pepper. Meatballs, parmesan mushrooms, egg rolls and fried Brie was dinner. Pam had a glass of sangria and I had a Heineken draft to wash it all down. Our friend Luna was singing and she is really good, she has such a nice voice. We stopped by Moomba for a couple and the newlyweds we met the night before stopped and sat with us and had a couple of beers. We were back in the room by 11:00 and are back up this morning ready for another beach day.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    and are back up this morning ready for another beach day.
    It's looking GREAT out there today! Have fun!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 20. A pretty boring day. We walked down the beach for breakfast and Pam got a coveted Acai bowl from Eduardo's. I opted for a burrito from Scott's. Once again we were on the beach all day, only leaving to get sandwiches we made in the room for lunch and to meet our friends Steve and Abby for a drink at Carlito's. We finally came off the beach around 6:00 for showers. After a quick run to Do-It Center for a bottle of booze we stopped by Local Store for wings then off to Moomba.

It's really nice with the extended curfew, no more rushing to get to dinner early. We like to eat a bit later in the evening and have seen the closing times go from 9:00 to 10:00 to 11:00 during our trip. The tourists and locals seem to really appreciate the effort Aruba is putting in towards a return to normal.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    The tourists and locals seem to really appreciate the effort Aruba is putting in towards a return to normal.
    It does feel like things are returning to some semblance of normal.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, where are you guys staying? Somewhere near Eduardos, Carlitos and Moomba obviously. All are stops we regularly make during our stays at the Surf Club. I love the Tuna Poke bowl at Eduardos for lunch.
    We will be back to see Tess and the rest of the staff at Moomba in July.
    Enjoy your stay!
    Brian

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt was wondering what tower you are staying in at the HI. I pulled the plug and booked airfare for late Oct-early Nov. After getting burned on someone’s timeshare due to Covid shutdown have decided to stay on Palm beach this time because it easier to get in the water for me. We have stayed at the HI before and really like the location and they have such comfortable beds! I have points but those are just a regular room so thinking I will book oceanview not oceanfront. Will save my points for another time.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pop-pop Brian View Post
    Walt, where are you guys staying? Somewhere near Eduardos, Carlitos and Moomba obviously. All are stops we regularly make during our stays at the Surf Club. I love the Tuna Poke bowl at Eduardos for lunch.
    We will be back to see Tess and the rest of the staff at Moomba in July.
    Enjoy your stay!
    We finished up two weeks at Surf Club and currently are at the Holiday Inn. Tess is the only one working at Moomba that we knew before the pandemic. Except Roy who is working a couple of nights at the small bar.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jayshea View Post
    Walt was wondering what tower you are staying in at the HI. I pulled the plug and booked airfare for late Oct-early Nov. After getting burned on someone’s timeshare due to Covid shutdown have decided to stay on Palm beach this time because it easier to get in the water for me. We have stayed at the HI before and really like the location and they have such comfortable beds! I have points but those are just a regular room so thinking I will book oceanview not oceanfront. Will save my points for another time.
    Jayna we are in the middle tower, not sure of the name. We booked a standard room on points, but I'm Spire Elite so they upgraded us to an ocean view room. Top floor on the Moomba side with a great view of the water we can see laying in bed. We have been in an oceanfront room and although the view was spectacular, the afternoon heat was unbearable. Entry into the water is a nice barely noticeable slope. We are trying to book late November, but airfares for us are out of reach right now.

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Walt,

any plans to check our Yolo? It’s across from the Che Bar. I wouldn’t recommend a Friday/Saturday night but the menu looks interesting.

0 0