This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam in Aruba 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    We have our first full day in the books, and it was a lazy one. We spent entirely too much time in the lazy river, played pool bingo, had drinks at the beach bar, dinner at Casa Tua, and drinks at Moomba. For those of you keeping score at home, both Balashi and Slippery Monkeys have been consumed as requested. Tomorrow will be the breakfast buffet at Moomba, then a nice walk along the beach. The early closing times are kinda hard to get used to, last call at Moomba was at 8:30. The place was pretty busy till then. Hopefully things will loosen up a bit Monday, fingers crossed.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Walt. Glad you Guys made it safe and sound. I know you guys have alot of your spots picked out, since you go several times a year, but I had friends that were at the Marriott last week and this was their 3rd trip this winter. They always went and dove Bonaire, but since its still closed up, they did there first 3 trips to Aruba. I asked them where their favorite spot to eat was. They replied, its a toss up between 2 Fools and a Bull and Chicken & Lobster. I have never tried Chicken & Lobster but its on my list. When someone puts that up with 2 Fools and a Bull, that gets my attention. Hope you have a great stay! AB
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    wishing that we were there now.
    glad that the balashi and monkey drinks have been sampled!

have fun.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We have our first full day in the books, and it was a lazy one. We spent entirely too much time in the lazy river, played pool bingo, had drinks at the beach bar, dinner at Casa Tua, and drinks at Moomba. For those of you keeping score at home, both Balashi and Slippery Monkeys have been consumed as requested. Tomorrow will be the breakfast buffet at Moomba, then a nice walk along the beach. The early closing times are kinda hard to get used to, last call at Moomba was at 8:30. The place was pretty busy till then. Hopefully things will loosen up a bit Monday, fingers crossed.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Kent-ArubaBob View Post
    Hey Walt. Glad you Guys made it safe and sound. I know you guys have alot of your spots picked out, since you go several times a year, but I had friends that were at the Marriott last week and this was their 3rd trip this winter. They always went and dove Bonaire, but since its still closed up, they did there first 3 trips to Aruba. I asked them where their favorite spot to eat was. They replied, its a toss up between 2 Fools and a Bull and Chicken & Lobster. I have never tried Chicken & Lobster but its on my list. When someone puts that up with 2 Fools and a Bull, that gets my attention. Hope you have a great stay! AB
    We eat at Chicken and Lobster about three times a week for breakfast when we're here. I love it there.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So glad you both are having a blast... I really do think this is the best time to go to Aruba
    Enjoy the quietness.. looking forward to more about your vacation
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Walt! Chicken and Lobster caught my eye for breakfast but I never made it. Will try next time.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad to hear those monkeys are along for the ride! Ya gotta luv a lazy river...
    Casa Tua went on the August list a couple of weeks ago. What did you and Pam have?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Glad to hear those monkeys are along for the ride! Ya gotta luv a lazy river...
    Casa Tua went on the August list a couple of weeks ago. What did you and Pam have?
    The tre formaggi pizza. It has a cracker crust and Gouda, blue cheese and mozzarella. It is our favorite pizza here and we usually have it at least once a week.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG! I'll be all over that one! I love blue cheese.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    The tre formaggi pizza. It has a cracker crust and Gouda, blue cheese and mozzarella. It is our favorite pizza here and we usually have it at least once a week.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As we usually do, we alternate days at the pool with days on the beach while at Surf Club. So we grabbed a palapa on the beach and hung out all day, with a trip to the pool for bingo. The weather was absolutely beautiful all day, not a cloud in the sky and just enough breeze to cool off. Lunch was a healthy snack of chicken tenders and fries... don't judge... and we had a couple of drinks at the beach bar. We drug ourselves back up to the room and got ready for dinner at Iguana Cantina. I love the bacon wrapped stuffed shrimp there. After dinner we walked over to Moomba, saw some friends and actually had time for two drinks including last call. While there we ran into our friend Matt. Some of you might remember him from Black Pearl and or Moomba. Well now he is the manager at Jolly Pirates. He is doing well and he and his girlfriend may stay with us in our extra room at Surf Club next week. At some point today we will make a speed run to SuperFood for a few items, but most of the time we'll be hanging at the pool/lazy river. We're looking forward to the relaxed restrictions going into effect today.

0 0