This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Walt and Pam in Aruba 2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Is bar seating reopened at Moomba?
    No bar seating anywhere we've been so far. Not even the pool bar at Surf Club. Resorts are allowed to open bar seating but Marriott has decided not to.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Is bar seating reopened at Moomba?
    Making your plans...?
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 5, King's Day. We spent the day under a palapa on the beach. We seem to be switching between the pool and beach each day, it makes for a little change in our very boring routine. The palapas at Surf Club are free and first come, first serve. There are people showing up on the beach right after curfew expires to get one. We go down around 6:30-7:00 for ours. We have lived a mile and a half from the Atlantic Ocean for over 35 years and I work about 100 yards off the beach, so front row isn't a draw or must have for us. So we floated in the water, played pool bingo and had chicken wings for lunch. Got cleaned up and headed out to Café 080 for dinner. Pam had the fish special which was real Grouper and I had the Hutspot with sausage. It was very good. Later we stopped by Moomba, I had a Moomba King's day shirt on I had from the first King's day years ago and the staff thought it was pretty cool. Back in the room around 10:00 and we actually slept in this morning. Today San Nicolas is on the agenda, with stops at Rum Reef and Charlie's and a spin by Tortuga to make sure they are closed, we've never been there when they were open. I doubt they will be today either.

0 5

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by act1966 View Post
    Making your plans...?
    I wish. Thats a big deterent for us.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I wish. Thats a big deterent for us.
    Not sitting at the bar will keep you from going to Aruba?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Day 6. We woke up to very cloudy skies and it started raining like crazy. The plan was to go to Baby Beach, so we did and by the time we got there the rain had stopped and the skies began to clear. We sat on the beach for a while then went over to Rum Reef for a drink and to check out the view. After that we headed to Kamini's for a late lunch. I had the curry chicken and Pam had the vegetable curry. We asked for our curry to be not too spicy, but I also got a bottle of the homemade hot sauce and added a bit to mine. It was perfect. Both dishes were served with warm roti and both were delicious. Pam drove us back to the Do It Center where we grabbed a bottle of vodka. We will go back to explore their grocery section soon. After returning to Surf Club, we went down on the beach for a happy hour drink. It started clouding up again and there was a mass exodus from the beach. Went back up to the room and showered. We decided we were still full from lunch so we walked over to Moomba to meet a friend that was arriving from Boston. We sat and caught up with him and watched the Red Sox game. Last call was at 9:30 and we all reminisced about 1:00AM closings and how much money we were saving with the early closing hours.

This morning it is nice and sunny and we already have a spot overlooking the lazy river, just waiting on bingo to start.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    Even a rainy day in Aruba would sound good to us! Waiting for Bingo, well what beats that?! Enjoying your reports!!!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Day 6. We woke up to very cloudy skies and it started raining like crazy. The plan was to go to Baby Beach, so we did and by the time we got there the rain had stopped and the skies began to clear. We sat on the beach for a while then went over to Rum Reef for a drink and to check out the view. After that we headed to Kamini's for a late lunch. I had the curry chicken and Pam had the vegetable curry. We asked for our curry to be not too spicy, but I also got a bottle of the homemade hot sauce and added a bit to mine. It was perfect. Both dishes were served with warm roti and both were delicious. Pam drove us back to the Do It Center where we grabbed a bottle of vodka. We will go back to explore their grocery section soon. After returning to Surf Club, we went down on the beach for a happy hour drink. It started clouding up again and there was a mass exodus from the beach. Went back up to the room and showered. We decided we were still full from lunch so we walked over to Moomba to meet a friend that was arriving from Boston. We sat and caught up with him and watched the Red Sox game. Last call was at 9:30 and we all reminisced about 1:00AM closings and how much money we were saving with the early closing hours.

This morning it is nice and sunny and we already have a spot overlooking the lazy river, just waiting on bingo to start.
    Any progress on the kitchen or it’s opening at Rum Reef?

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sounds like a great day!
    was this your first time at the rum bar pool?

what time is BINGO?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Even a rainy day in Aruba would sound good to us! Waiting for Bingo, well what beats that?! Enjoying your reports!!!
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Any progress on the kitchen or it’s opening at Rum Reef?
    They have a breakfast and food menu now so I guess it's open.

0 0