This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 21 of 23 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 LastLast
Results 201 to 210 of 224

Thread: Whee! Squee! It's phrogg's trip number three!! - 10/23-11/6

  1. #201
    Super Moderator WaltVB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Surf Club
    Posts
    6,782
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    The airport today is NUTS!!! We won't be doing Saturday to Saturday anymore, that's for sure. With Global Entry, we breezed thru customs but there are LONG lines out there.

    In better news, I was able to buy a 12 pack of Balashi cans at duty free! Woohoo!!!!!

    Currently sitting at One Happy Bar watching the masses go by and having a few last Balashi while we wait.

    See y'all on the other side!!
    So will those Balashi cans be rationed or all at once?
    0 1
     

  2. #202
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    2,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    So will those Balashi cans be rationed or all at once?
    I'm thinking that they never made it on the plane...






    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 2
     

  3. #203
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,553
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    I'm thinking that they never made it on the plane...
    Nah, they made it on the plane-she was drinking at the bar. The question should be is whether they made it off the plane?

  4. #204
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well, unfortunately/fortunately we are successfully back in cold Ohio. Unfortunately because reality. Fortunately because we got here safe and sound, the house did not burn down and our dog Milo is happy to see us and, I think, only peed on the carpet in two places. I am sure there are more I have not found yet. Little dog, small pee spots. Anyhoo...

    The Balashi did make it both on and off the plane, but I don't know how much longer I will be able to look at them without consuming them!! They got put in the fridge almost immediately upon our arrival last night, so they are nice and cold now. It is 10am on Sunday morning. If I were in Aruba, I would have already had at least one by now. Since I am back at home, is it socially acceptable to have one yet? Asking for a.... oh who am I kidding? Asking for me!




    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 3
     

  5. #205
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    41,385
    Post Thanks / Like
    it is 5 o'cock somewhere.
    pop open that can!

    welcome home.

    we have a very dark red and black persian rug in our dining room.
    we had to take it up when Lily was a pup.
    she is now almost 2 and we recently put it back down.
    knock wood.........she has not done her business on that rug.

    there is 1 spot in our 3rd bedroom that she loves to pee.
    the rug has been shampooed many times and has been professionally cleaned many times too.
    we have to keep that door closed 24/7

    stay warm and well!

    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Well, unfortunately/fortunately we are successfully back in cold Ohio. Unfortunately because reality. Fortunately because we got here safe and sound, the house did not burn down and our dog Milo is happy to see us and, I think, only peed on the carpet in two places. I am sure there are more I have not found yet. Little dog, small pee spots. Anyhoo...

    The Balashi did make it both on and off the plane, but I don't know how much longer I will be able to look at them without consuming them!! They got put in the fridge almost immediately upon our arrival last night, so they are nice and cold now. It is 10am on Sunday morning. If I were in Aruba, I would have already had at least one by now. Since I am back at home, is it socially acceptable to have one yet? Asking for a.... oh who am I kidding? Asking for me!

    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 1
     

  6. #206
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2020
    Posts
    686
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome home! Yes back to reality unfortunately. Hang on to those Aruba memories! As soon as you are home 3 days it seems like 3 weeks since you’ve been there etc. I am sure this happens to everyone once back to the home routine!
    0 1
     

  7. #207
    Senior Member schexc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Pearl at Eagle Beach
    Posts
    2,818
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    Well, unfortunately/fortunately we are successfully back in cold Ohio. Unfortunately because reality. Fortunately because we got here safe and sound, the house did not burn down and our dog Milo is happy to see us and, I think, only peed on the carpet in two places. I am sure there are more I have not found yet. Little dog, small pee spots. Anyhoo...

    The Balashi did make it both on and off the plane, but I don't know how much longer I will be able to look at them without consuming them!! They got put in the fridge almost immediately upon our arrival last night, so they are nice and cold now. It is 10am on Sunday morning. If I were in Aruba, I would have already had at least one by now. Since I am back at home, is it socially acceptable to have one yet? Asking for a.... oh who am I kidding? Asking for me!

    You can't drink all day, if you don't start first thing in the AM...






    OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL AT EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL .
    0 2
     

  8. #208
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    I did a bunch of fall/winter yard work today, so I feel I deserve at least one Balashi... maybe four. But, I also have to save some for the football game tomorrow night cuz the Steelers are playing. What to do, what to do...

    I already feel like the last two weeks were an unreal blur. Why does that happen?? Ugh...




    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 1
     

  9. #209
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    677
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it is 5 o'cock somewhere.
    pop open that can!

    welcome home.

    we have a very dark red and black persian rug in our dining room.
    we had to take it up when Lily was a pup.
    she is now almost 2 and we recently put it back down.
    knock wood.........she has not done her business on that rug.

    there is 1 spot in our 3rd bedroom that she loves to pee.
    the rug has been shampooed many times and has been professionally cleaned many times too.
    we have to keep that door closed 24/7

    stay warm and well!
    The one "upside" (if one can call it that) is that we are about to remodel our kitchen and main floor and all the carpet is being torn out. I have a feeling we will find a lot more spots once that carpet comes up.




    Pictures from our Oct 2021 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/ZNDCceAbJT5sECfE8

    Pictures from our Oct 2020 trip: https://photos.app.goo.gl/TGHm1uumCXGEkEHv5
    0 0
     

  10. #210
    Senior Member SusieLovesAruba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    175
    Post Thanks / Like
    Man, you weren't kidding about the long lines at the airport when you left Saturday. Great you made it home safely. I'd be drinking those Balashi's yesterday for sure. Thanks again for your trip reports and pics, so fun girl! Take care.
    1 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •