This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Divi Phoenix Question

  1. #1
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like

    Divi Phoenix Question

    Hi Everyone:

    (I understand the Phoenix is also a timeshare resort, but I'm posting under hotels since I'm looking at this from a direct booking perspective. Moderator friends, please move to timeshares if you find believe it should be there.)

    I'm slightly considering staying at the Phoenix for the November trip I hope actually happens. I've never stayed on or even toured the property.

    My questions are regarding the "regular" studio suites. Where on the property/what building are the "studio suites" situated? From the website, it does not appear that they are in the front based on the views.

    Also, any info on the state of this particular room category? There are reviews (not specific to any category) complaining that the rooms are outdated/moldy, etc.

    They currently have a flexible cancellation policy, so that's a draw.

    Thanks in advance for any intel!


    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bri.................I believe that ACE has stayed in a studio at the Phoenix using an Interval trade.

    I have only stayed in the original tower in a 2 bedroom and aside from elevator issues (15 yrs ago) I love the entire property!!

    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Hi Everyone:

    (I understand the Phoenix is also a timeshare resort, but I'm posting under hotels since I'm looking at this from a direct booking perspective. Moderator friends, please move to timeshares if you find believe it should be there.)

    I'm slightly considering staying at the Phoenix for the November trip I hope actually happens. I've never stayed on or even toured the property.

    My questions are regarding the "regular" studio suites. Where on the property/what building are the "studio suites" situated? From the website, it does not appear that they are in the front based on the views.

    Also, any info on the state of this particular room category? There are reviews (not specific to any category) complaining that the rooms are outdated/moldy, etc.

    They currently have a flexible cancellation policy, so that's a draw.

    Thanks in advance for any intel!
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1
     

  3. #3
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Andrea. I remembered Ace stayed there a few years ago and tracked down his trip report haha. He stayed in a one-bedroom. I remember it sounded very nice!!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Bri.................I believe that ACE has stayed in a studio at the Phoenix using an Interval trade.

    I have only stayed in the original tower in a 2 bedroom and aside from elevator issues (15 yrs ago) I love the entire property!!


    0 0
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member ArubaAce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Arashi Beach, Malmok Beach, Eagle Beach.
    Posts
    2,111
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and had such a lovely balcony view of the beach. I love the property and the fact that it is the start of the boardwalk or end of it depending how you look at it. I say start because it is between the end of low rise and start of high rise. A lot of early risers walking and exercising during the morning. I have another 1 bedroom confirmation from Interval for mid-December and I'm also hoping I can go..
    1 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks, Ace. I hope to try it out on a future trip.
    I ended up booking elsewhere due to not knowing where I’d end up on the property. I’ll keep this info in my back
    pocket and maybe book a one bedroom suite next time.

    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Yes I stayed in a 1 bedroom suite and had such a lovely balcony view of the beach. I love the property and the fact that it is the start of the boardwalk or end of it depending how you look at it. I say start because it is between the end of low rise and start of high rise. A lot of early risers walking and exercising during the morning. I have another 1 bedroom confirmation from Interval for mid-December and I'm also hoping I can go..


    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    37,467
    Post Thanks / Like
    where did you wind up booking Bri?

    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Thanks, Ace. I hope to try it out on a future trip.
    I ended up booking elsewhere due to not knowing where I’d end up on the property. I’ll keep this info in my back
    pocket and maybe book a one bedroom suite next time.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    802
    Post Thanks / Like
    Oceania


    1 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •