This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: First Timer

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Forum Member Robin has a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with ocean view.
    See post #9 in this thread.

In Robin's signature line, she has a link to her condo unit for rent.

I been to the condo complex and it is breathtakingly lovely.

Contact Robin as this option might be "just the ticket" !!!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the Aruba.com Community Forum!

Many awesome suggestions already. I agree - No to the AI, buy a few bottles at Duty Free at the airport and make your own AI for cocktails Check out Kukoo Kunuku for a fun night out https://www.aruba.com/us/news/kukoo-...summer-special

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    You got some great advice from the pros in the above threads! We would 2nd all their advice. Our tips... bring less clothes, more money and thermal cups, little soft sided cooler and coozies to keep your cocktails cold!
    Sean and Susan
    [Countdown=12/01/2013 2:30 AM;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruba has so many wonderful restaurants. I would not advise AI. Palm Beach seems to be where all the action is, but Eagle Beach is where all the sand is, by that I mean it is much less crowded. We usually stay both places. A timeshare is probably what you are looking for, however, MVC Eagle Beach (hotel) does have a couple of quad rooms that sleep 4, one room with a king bed sharing a bathroom with a room with two single beds. The resort is very basic, but the charm is wonderful.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    WaltVB,

We are planning to stay about a week. Thank you for all the restaurant suggestions!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you all so much for the information!!

So, I’d say an AI is out. As far as location, if we go in November or December, will the Palm Beach area be crowded? Am I late in getting my planning started for a Nov/Dec trip?

I hadn’t considered a timeshare rental, but might look into that now. I just don’t want to cook while on vacation!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We usually go Thanksgiving week and I have not yet booked. This is around the time I at least book the hotel. We’ve found late November, early December to be somewhat quieter, but in the past few years it has gotten busier. If you do find a timeshare that you are interested in, there’s no need to cook. When we’re downtown at the Renaissance the rooms have a cooktop and a microwave. I have yet to cook anything!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally don't mind cooking occasionally on vacation, but that doesn't mean you have to cook just because there is a kitchen It nice to have the option of having a few breakfasts or lunches in your space.

Jacki ~ loving Aruba from NJ
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    which gives me thought for another thread
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacki View Post
    I personally don't mind cooking occasionally on vacation, but that doesn't mean you have to cook just because there is a kitchen It nice to have the option of having a few breakfasts or lunches in your space.
    0 4

Post Thanks / Like
    It sounds like you book hotel and airfare separately. Is that the best way to go, rather than doing a package?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    We usually go Thanksgiving week and I have not yet booked. This is around the time I at least book the hotel. We’ve found late November, early December to be somewhat quieter, but in the past few years it has gotten busier. If you do find a timeshare that you are interested in, there’s no need to cook. When we’re downtown at the Renaissance the rooms have a cooktop and a microwave. I have yet to cook anything!
    0 0