This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Honeymoon - which hotel??

Post Thanks / Like

Honeymoon - which hotel??

Hi All! This group always has such good advice, so thought I would reach out for some advice for my family. My cousin is getting married next March and is very interested in spending their honeymoon in Aruba (1st week of March). I can offer recommendations on where to eat and what to do, but when it comes to a hotel choice, I'm a bit lost. We have been staying at our timeshare (CLBR) for quite some time, and haven't been in a hotel in Aruba in close the 20yrs!

I think she started working with a travel agent, b/c she sent me a list of their top choices. I'm planning to speak with her this weekend, but I can only assume that they are looking for AI based on her list and pricing (they are young, not very adventurous when it comes to food, and will most likely be taking advantage of the all-you-can-drink part of the AI - no judgement here!!).

I do remember hearing (rumors) over the last year that a few places were remodeling during the pandemic, some had issues with A/C being turned off during the island closure and are now, or at least were, dealing with mold issues. Here is her list, if anyone could offer an opinion, I will pass along the info:

• Barcelo Aruba - AI
    • RIU Palace Antilles - AI
    • Tamarijn Arubqa - AI
    • Holiday Inn - AI
    • RIU Palace Aruba - AI

Thanks in advance!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It definitely looks like they are leaning towards an all inclusive. It makes sense in a lot of ways since it’s so much easier to plan when everything is paid up front. That said, we only have experience with the Divi/Tamarijn where we stayed for a number of trips. The Tam beach tends to be rocky so we preferred the Divi. Druif Beach is gorgeous. We found the food offerings varied from good to not so good but there are plenty of choices. We generally had breakfast and lunch at the Divi and went off resort for dinner. Also the Divi/Tam run frequent sales.

Now, I’ll say what a lot of people say and that’s to check out non all inclusive options like Manchebo. While they do offer AI, it is more expensive than Divi/Tam We do not do AI when we stay here. There are so many good restaurants in the area that you can walk to. Manchebo provides a cooler so you can take drinks to the beach if budget is an issue.

My advice is to decide which area you prefer to stay in and then choose the hotel. Some like Palm Beach for all the activity, others prefer the more low key atmosphere of the low rise.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We always stay at Barcelo and love it. We have stayed at the Riu and much prefer Barcelo. I have stayed also at the HI but not as an all inclusive. Barcelo is located right in the middle of everything in Palm Beach. The beach is fabulous. Calm water there. The restaurants are good but we do eat dinner out many nights. It is a personal preference obviously but my vote would be Barcelo. Hope I helped.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    We have done AI at Holiday Inn and do not recommend it. The food and drink choices are very limited on that plan for what you are paying. Its a great place on a budget if you are not looking for AI, but I think there are better places on the list for all inclusive. We went all inclusive for our honeymoon because we had never been out of the country and needed to stick to a budget, so I understand.
    I have a friend at the Divi now and loving it.
    The best trip is the next trip. Anxiously waiting to book something.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I understand they might want to try AI, but if it were me, I'd just book a hotel and eat out. There are plenty of places in Palm Beach to eat that are fairly inexpensive and within walking distance, ask me about them. The night life might appeal to them more also. We've never done AI, but we stay at the Holiday Inn almost every trip for several days and enjoy the property and the beach there.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    For a memorable honeymoon if they are not on a budget I would choose either The Ritz, Marriott Stellaris, The Hilton or the Hyatt. And would not recommend an all inclusive with all the romantic great restaurants in Aruba. Have your cousin check all the hotels websites to see what her preferences are.
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for info/recommendations! I think I have enough info to share with my cousin
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by mlrhoxie View Post
    Thanks everyone for info/recommendations! I think I have enough info to share with my cousin
    Let us know what she decides... inquiring minds and all that...

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Looks like they are leaning toward the Barcelo, IF they choose Aruba for their honeymoon. To which I replied "why would you even consider going somewhere else?"!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Let us know what she decides... inquiring minds and all that...
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Isn't it amazing that folks would consider other places?
    For folks wanting a beach vacation imo, Aruba is the only place on earth to consider.

Ok maybe Fiji would be in the running
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0