This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Props to the Bucuti

Post Thanks / Like

Props to the Bucuti

My wife's cousin is in Aruba celebrating their wedding. They reached out (late as we did not even know they were going) and said they were miserable at the Barcelo and wanted to know where they should go to relax. My wife said what would I suggest with no kids and of course I said the Bucuti. So they toured the property and decided to get a regular room and make the move. Class move by the Bucuti when they checked in they were upgraded to the East Presidential Penthouse and are beyond thrilled!
    June 8th - can't get here quick enough!

0 6

Post Thanks / Like
    Niiiiice!! And it's an absolutely picture perfect day down there. More people on the beach than I've seen in some time (all things being relative that is).
    0 2

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Great to hear. Sucks that some of their time was lost at their first accommodation but what a great recovery!

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    I so agree! I think the Bucuti saved their honeymoon as they were so displeased with everything about the Barcelo and now feel like they have gone to heaven.

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    Great to hear. Sucks that some of their time was lost at their first accommodation but what a great recovery!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome! It is so quiet now, it is nice that they could do that.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Bucuti sets the bar very high.
    Normally they are booked solid, even in quiet times.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Aruba4 ever,
    Did they say what the problems were at Barcelo? Just wondering.
    Next Aruba trip in [Countdown=03/19/2016@8;0am;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    They said everything from the room being less than clean, to poor service at check-in, poor service at the bar, and they did not enjoy the food. So all in all, they did not like it at all. It must have been much less than they expected for them to leave a place they had paid for in advance.

1 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    It’s a shame. At a time like this, you would think hotels would up their game since the competition is tough.

1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    It’s a shame. At a time like this, you would think hotels would up their game since the competition is tough.
    Hard to do when most staff is on temporary layoff and revenue is low due to lack of guests.

Had a friend staying at the Riu while I was there (she owns a timeshare there) and she said staff was being rotated no matter what your occupation was - one week you are a maid, next week you are a restaurant server, next week front desk, etc. in order to keep staffing costs down. Very few guests at most resorts so staff is scaled back. Resorts are just trying to make ends meet. The only exception is the Bucuti (I was there for brunch visiting management friends) and they have a very high occupancy percentage compared to other resorts.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020 -- 41st trip to Aruba: Feb & March 2021

0 0