This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question for Divi Aruba Regulars/Veterans

Post Thanks / Like

Question for Divi Aruba Regulars/Veterans

We are adding three extra nights to our usual La Cabana week in very early June, but staying at Divi Aruba where we had our honeymoon in 1974 (returning a year later in 1975.) We've visited the grounds and shops many times over the years but this will be our first return visit as actual hotel guests.

We got one of the last available rooms on the Cyber Monday sale in November but I'm not sure where the room might be. It says "Oceanside, First Floor with partial ocean view", which I guess could mean anything. Our room back then was in the northernmost Vista II building facing the water, which was nice, but that is a two-story building, so this must be elsewhere. Any advice on what is recommended or what to avoid if we end up having any option at check-in? We're used to a one-bedroom suite at LCB but that wouldn't be an option here.

Thanks,

Rhys
    Last edited by Rhys; 02-27-2020 at 02:10 PM. Reason: correction
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s been a few years since we’ve stayed at the Divi. I’ve always found their room descriptions to be vague. That said, their categories are Pool View; Garden View; Beachside; Oceanview; and Oceanfront so there are a few different buildings the category you describe could be in. All the buildings are at least 2 stories. The Veranda building is 3 stories.

You could be located on the first floor of Vista I or II or the first floor of the Veranda. My best advice is to email the Divi and put in a room request. Even though you book the last room of the Cyber sale that doesn’t mean all the rooms are taken. It only means the number of rooms at that price have been taken. The Divi is good about honoring requests so if you prefer the Vista over the Veranda or vice versa let them know.

just like to add that the Beachside category are the casitas which are free standing individual units by the beach with a side view of the ocean.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 02-27-2020 at 02:53 PM.

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Good suggestion, thanks.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    If it ends up that you are in a casita I always request to not be in the furthest back one by the cart path. Those carts can be loud when you are trying to sleep.
    Jayna-Beach Bum at ❤️
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would call Divi as all the room descriptions have changed as of last year. I've been going there for 20 years, always stay in Vista I, evenside numbers. My room(s) were always booked as and called Oceanview, now the same room(s) are called Garden View or Pool View and actually a bit less money. It is very confusing the same Vista I a few doors down at the end is Oceanview still, wish they kept all the categories as they were.

Last year I ended up getting money back because my room was downgraded as far as category goes, they gave me a credit I never even asked for which was nice.

0 0