This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Raddison Blu

  1. #1
    Senior Member aruba here I come's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Age
    52
    Posts
    347
    Post Thanks / Like

    Raddison Blu

    Any thoughts on the raddison Blu?
    Looks nice,
    what about the beach? Is it across the street from the hotel? So not right on the beach?

    Ellen
    0 0
     

  2. #2
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    hi Ellen.......it has been a long time!

    the Blu is a lovely property and about a 5 to 10 minute walk to Palm Beach.
    it's located kind of across the street and up a way (100yds) from the Holiday Inn.
    it's main entrance is on the side road that leads to Moomba.

    Aruba4Ever (Jay)) toured the property recently.
    he thought it was beautiful
    hope that he posts his thoughts.

    welcome back!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by aruba here I come View Post
    Any thoughts on the raddison Blu?
    Looks nice,
    what about the beach? Is it across the street from the hotel? So not right on the beach?

    Ellen
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    1 0
     

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2021
    Posts
    6
    Post Thanks / Like
    my wife and I stayed there for 1 night and then moved on to our condo. Pool area was really nice, well landscaped and relaxing. Walk to beach was almost 2 blocks from room. I don't know if because it was a saturday, but the beach area that they told us about by Moomba was packed with peopled loud music, could hear it 100 yards down the beach as I walked. If your looking for a place to relax by the beach, this was not the place. Rooms were obviously very new and modern, but lack a cosy feel. Echoed in the room, I felt from a lack of furnishings. Living room had a tv on the wall, one coffee table and a couch - thats it. Bathroom vanities were so small, I had to set my shaving kit on the toilet cause the sink took up the whole vanity. Customer service was good and felt welcoming.
    2 1
     

  4. #4
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    We did tour the property and really liked it. It has about 5 pools with one being a roof top pool with great ocean views. We saw a 2br that again had Ocean views and was very large....clean and nice. It took us 5 min to walk from the main building where the check-in is. There is also a shuttle to the water if you dont want the walk. The do have a spot on the beach as well.

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    hi Ellen.......it has been a long time!

    the Blu is a lovely property and about a 5 to 10 minute walk to Palm Beach.
    it's located kind of across the street and up a way (100yds) from the Holiday Inn.
    it's main entrance is on the side road that leads to Moomba.

    Aruba4Ever (Jay)) toured the property recently.
    he thought it was beautiful
    hope that he posts his thoughts.

    welcome back!!!
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 0
     

  5. #5
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5,543
    Post Thanks / Like
    Did you have a 1br or 2br? The 2br were very spacious I thought.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alan r View Post
    my wife and I stayed there for 1 night and then moved on to our condo. Pool area was really nice, well landscaped and relaxing. Walk to beach was almost 2 blocks from room. I don't know if because it was a saturday, but the beach area that they told us about by Moomba was packed with peopled loud music, could hear it 100 yards down the beach as I walked. If your looking for a place to relax by the beach, this was not the place. Rooms were obviously very new and modern, but lack a cosy feel. Echoed in the room, I felt from a lack of furnishings. Living room had a tv on the wall, one coffee table and a couch - thats it. Bathroom vanities were so small, I had to set my shaving kit on the toilet cause the sink took up the whole vanity. Customer service was good and felt welcoming.
    Trip 33 begins on July 15.








    0 0
     

  6. #6
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    4,741
    Post Thanks / Like
    They were originally supposed to be condos.






    0 0
     

  7. #7
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    39,383
    Post Thanks / Like
    See the Radisson Blu on the map

    Raddison Blu-screen-shot-2021-06-16-10-57-35-pm-jpg



    Quote Originally Posted by aruba here I come View Post
    Any thoughts on the raddison Blu?
    Looks nice,
    what about the beach? Is it across the street from the hotel? So not right on the beach?

    Ellen
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

    0 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •