This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: taxes that you pay at your Aruba resort

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

taxes that you pay at your Aruba resort

I will also copy this to the Hotels category.
    I do think it gets more visibility in the General category though.

When visiting Aruba and staying at your resort.........whether it be a hotel, B+B, timeshare, apartment resort, condo, house rental etc.
    What do you pay as a daily tax rate? What do you pay as an environmental per stay tax? Any other tax that is added on?

When we stay at LaCabana we pay approx $21 per day tax and $15 per stay environmental tax.
    When we stay at Renaissance Ocean Suites, we pay about $11 per day and $15 per stay environmental tax.

I will have to check to see what we are being charged at the apartment style studio apartments where we will be in May.
    (our rate where we are staying is tax included, and per my calculations it is about $12 p night and the environmental levy is $3 per night)
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 04-22-2019 at 09:51 AM. Reason: added in the tax
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

taxes that you pay at your Aruba resort

I will also copy this to the Hotels category.
    I do think it gets more visibility in the General category though.

When visiting Aruba and staying at your resort.........whether it be a hotel, B+B, timeshare, apartment resort, condo, house rental etc.
    What do you pay as a daily tax rate? What do you pay as an environmental per stay tax? Any other tax that is added on?

When we stay at LaCabana we pay approx $21 per day tax and $15 per stay environmental tax.
    When we stay at Renaissance Ocean Suites, we pay about $11 per day and $15 per stay environmental tax.

I will have to check to see what we are being charged at the apartment style studio apartments where we will be in May.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our confirmation from Manchebo doesn’t break it out. Instead it just says tax rate is 20.5%.
    The one from the Ritz says $62.97 daily tax plus $81.65 daily service charge.

I prefer to just look at the totals as when I look at the break down I realize how crazy the rates can be.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I too never look at anything but the total amount as it would drive me nuts to see the actually breakout..I use to look at it and analyze it and it annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Our confirmation from Manchebo doesn’t break it out. Instead it just says tax rate is 20.5%.
    The one from the Ritz says $62.97 daily tax plus $81.65 daily service charge.

I prefer to just look at the totals as when I look at the break down I realize how crazy the rates can be.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I too never look at anything but the total amount as it would drive me nuts to see the actually breakout..I use to look at it and analyze it and it annoyed me.
    I’m the one that always books everything. I don’t usually mention costs to Tom. Today, I told him about this post and he told me I was taking some of the pleasure away!!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    lol. not knowing is okay sometimes.
    I’m the one that always books everything. I don’t usually mention costs to Tom. Today, I told him about this post and he told me I was taking some of the pleasure away!!

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sorry

we were at the Atlantas in the Bahamas recently and the nightly tax was painfully high.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    sorry

we were at the Atlantas in the Bahamas recently and the nightly tax was painfully high.

No sorry necessary! It is what it is as they say. We got the flight on points so it all works out even in my mind. Tom really doesn’t care it’s just the initial shock!!!

0 0

Lighthouse, Tiera Del Sol, Palm Beach, Baby Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    The Hilton is now charging a 15 % resort fee on top of all the other fees and taxes. Previously the daily rate included the expected taxes. It all adds up.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    For those that stay at the Ritz the fees also include discounts and free paddle boards etc....over at Vela sports.