This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Time share cancellations and situations due to shut down and then reopening?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Time share cancellations and situations due to shut down and then reopening?

(also copied to TIMESHARES)

For those of you that own timeshares on Aruba........or have right to use X amount of years timeshares.
    (Not timeshare renters)
    If you were one of the many people from March thru June that lost out due to the borders being closed, how or what compensation, if any did you receive?
    I am not looking for $$ responses. I am wondering did they waive your maintenance fee? offer you another week?

And...........if you cancelled because of Covid once Aruba reopened, how did your timeshare help? not help?

Did you feel that your timeshare went above and beyond to help you get your vacation in?

LaCabana for example: If you were in the group who did not visit when the island was closed March thru June, LaCabana offered those owners a make up week for every week lost. Most of those weeks were in lower use season......Sept, Oct May and June. Most of those units offered are units that LaCabana owns (weeks owners have given up due to various reasons including foreclosure).
    If you were in the July til present situation and were unable to go due to the Covid situation, LaCabana is not doing anything other than advising you to rent independently or deposit with interval.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't believe the Marriott's (Ocean and Surf Clubs) were offering any compensation. That's why we booked a last minute trip after Thanksgiving. I couldn't bear the thought of losing my substantial maintenance fee.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Occidental Vacation Club (Barcelo) has offered a free week.
    Next Aruba trip in [Countdown=03/19/2016@8;0am;]I'm finally there]Count down:[/Countdown]
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our timeshare Casa Del Mar offered a free membership in RCI? You get to bank your week but you did have to pay for the extra fees.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt is right, nothing was offered at the Ocean Club and Surf Club, those timeshares are sold out so that's not even an option to give another week in exchange.
    The resorts still had to face operating fees when the island was closed. But to compensate since the spendings were lower, the 2021 maintenance fees were less than usual (at least for the Ocean Club were we own)
    Last edited by qlaval; 03-06-2021 at 11:16 PM.
    Pierre

0 0

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    We are fortunate that Rennaisance allows us to trade our week for use sometime within the same year. We left the trade date open ended, but just booked in June, now that we are fully vaccinated! We like to divide our time between Renaissance and Costa Linda. I've sent several inquiries to a couple of the owners and hope to hear back soon. It's so exciting to finally be planning our trip!

0 0