This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: Review June 16- July 2, 2022 Le Lacle Suite

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Review June 16- July 2, 2022 Le Lacle Suite

For the first time ever, Paul and I stayed at and airbnb property in Aruba.

We met the owner, Raymond a couple of years ago at the beach and got to talking to him.
    He had just added 2 "inlaw-like" suites to the back of his house.
    He invited us to visit and to see what we thought.

Fast forward almost 2 yrs and we were there!

We were in apt 2, and it had a queen bed, a kitchen table and chairs and smart tv and pull out sofa and full bath, small refrigerator, microwave, blender, 4 burner stove top and pots and pans and other utensils.
    It was basic and comfortable.
    The other apartment was reserved for our son and his wife and kids.
    It was small for them but they made it work.

We offered to have the boys alternate sleeping in with us on our pull out, but they fought about who was going to go first and finally it was decided that no one was going to get to sleep in with us! hahahahaha
    We brought our sleeper sofa in their room, brought their kitchen table into our room and our room became "food central" and their room was now more comfortable with the boys under their watchful eyes. It made more sense because the kids are awake and moving at 5:30 am. That would not have been good for Paul or I.

There was private off street parking. Parking for 2 cars out back next to the courtyard. The place was gated and secure. The courtyard area had a small pool (which was really quite good enough) a pergola, lounge chair seating, lawn area, picnic table, grill, shade, laundry room, outdoor rinsing shower and a bathroom next to the pool.
    The set up is ideal.

It took me about 2 days to get used to non resort accommodations and then I was good. I was better than good.
    I loved the privacy.
    I had NO complaints.
    (the first day I was texting to a couple of friends............"oh I dont know if this is going to be ok, " But it was better than OK.
    I just had to get past resort style.
    The wifi was good. We only watched tv a little ( Jan 6 hearings a couple of afternoons)

The airco was good.

This place is solidly booked pretty much thru January.

The pricing is very reasonable .

It is ideal for an older couple, a single person............but it is tough if there are more than 4 people.
    As I said, we improvised and turned our room into the breakfast room.

CLEAN CONVENIENT and very good!!

Location........... St Helene Street.
    Coming from downtown turn right at the Wendy's rotary. Continue straight , thru 2 more rotaries and pass Xavier medical school. The house #22 is on the left right after the medical school.

The owner is a good guy and does his best to make sure all is running smoothly!!
    He is invisible til he is needed!!

The place is pet friendly!

I recommend it.

Listed with Airbnb. LeLacle Suites. Aruba.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 07-04-2022 at 09:34 AM.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    1 3