This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thread: 7/3/21- Heart Attack on Surf Club Beach

Post Thanks / Like

7/3/21- Heart Attack on Surf Club Beach

Yesterday afternoon around 3:30 pm an older gentleman had a massive heart attack on the beach near the towel hut. Individuals came to his aid and began CPR attempting to perform a miracle. They along with one of the Marriott security guards worked diligently until the ambulance finally arrived. The EMTs brought out the heavy recovery apparatus and individuals began to pray for Tom’s recovery. Unfortunately he passed with loved ones looking on and Good Samaritan providing much support to family members. Our hearts and prayers go out to the family member for their tragic loss.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So sad for the family. Prayers.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s so sad. To think that families have gone on vacation to relax and enjoy and to have this type of tragedy. Prayers for the family.

0 0

Pop-pop Brian
    Terrible thing to happen and for you and your family to witness, dgrossman.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Very sad.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    It’s so sad. To think that families have gone on vacation to relax and enjoy and to have this type of tragedy. Prayers for the family.

My sentiments exactly!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So sad. You go on vacation and something tragic happens. Life is short, be sure to tell those close to you that you love them.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    May his soul find peace. Appreciate your loved ones. It's the most precious in everyone's life
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ve thought about this after reading this story and how tragic it was for all involved. I don’t mean to be insensitive, it’s not my intent, but if someone passes while on vacation ( Aruba or anywhere ) how to you get them back home. If you have purchased medical evacuation insurance is that null and void since the person is no longer alive? I remember a few years ago someone had a very bad stroke while in Aruba and the family was looking to have him cremated on the island if he didn’t survive. Thank goodness he survived and I believe the family hired a nurse from Aruba to fly home with them to assist with him on the plane. I know it’s not a topic people want to think about but it actually can happen at any age.
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The morgue/hospital/appropriate authorities will take you through the steps of having the body prepared to be shipped back. Believe it or now, a body can be shipped back in the cargo hold of a plane. It involves special handling and preparation of the body, etc. but that's the way.

Quote Originally Posted by stoney4555 View Post
    I’ve thought about this after reading this story and how tragic it was for all involved. I don’t mean to be insensitive, it’s not my intent, but if someone passes while on vacation ( Aruba or anywhere ) how to you get them back home. If you have purchased medical evacuation insurance is that null and void since the person is no longer alive? I remember a few years ago someone had a very bad stroke while in Aruba and the family was looking to have him cremated on the island if he didn’t survive. Thank goodness he survived and I believe the family hired a nurse from Aruba to fly home with them to assist with him on the plane. I know it’s not a topic people want to think about but it actually can happen at any age.

1 0