This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Back Pain

Post Thanks / Like
    PT works. The place I go is in the same complex as Stu's office which means it is less than 2 miles from home. I've been there and Stu has been there more times than we can count. It's a small place and even though some of the staff has been moved to other offices or retired, we have been going there so long that we know about each other's kids, trips, etc. A few years ago, I ended up there and so did one of best friends from high school that I had lost touch with-we actually walked together at graduation. For several weeks we were there at the same time 3x a week. We had such a good time getting caught up. It made PT easier for both of us and the therapist were very entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Thank all I am feeling really positive. Robin I did therapy for my left shoulder in 2017. I have 3 small tears on my rotor cuff and it was very painful and could not sleep at night. After 30 PT sessions, I have not felt pain since and avoided surgery so I am a big believer in PT. If I do try to lift something heavy I do feel the pain so I avoid that.

Post Thanks / Like
    After 5 months, 26 Physical Therapy sessions, today I was able to walk almost a mile. My smart phone app logged it at 0.96 miles in 28 minutes. On December 28th when I started to get a little better, I could only walk for 14 minutes and that was 7 minutes rest and then another 7 minutes. 5 months ago I could barely walk for 3 minutes and I was in a lot of pain.

It was a very long journey towards healing and I am grateful. I have 6 more PT sessions and I think I will be fine after that and will concentrate on losing weight. For my first week I lost 1 pound which I was a bit disappointed but hey I will take it..

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome improvement!

Post Thanks / Like
    I know you have been struggling and this is good news. Take it one day at a time things are looking up for 2020.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good news Ace!
    the weight is always a struggle for so many of us.
    we r on a cruise right now and I had salad and sliced turkey for lunch.
    it is a start...... I am eyeballing ice cream though.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea I'm one of those people that gain 7 to 10 pounds on a cruise. There were a few that I only gained 4 pounds but I was hitting the treadmill every day.

0 1