This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Thanks Thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday or Cybr Monday Shopping

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Black Friday or Cybr Monday Shopping

Do any of you have a specific item that you hope to be purchasing on Black Fri or Cyber Mon?

I know that some of you will be purchasing the 50% off Divi/Tamarijn special.

My iPad is about 8 yrs old and is ready to be replaced.
    So I will be eyeing any Cyber Monday specials for Apple iPad.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Not very exciting but I'll be looking at a very special fishing reel my godson wants. We negotiated that this would be a birthday-congrats on first job-Christmas present (so don't be lookin' to Aunt Lisa next May for anything more than a card! LOL!). I've got it scoped out on amazon but am waiting until Friday to pull the trigger just in case the price drops. Every penny saved goes to the Aruba fund!
    I was going to wait until Black Friday to buy a new Kindle, but mine was at death's door so had to get a new one a few weeks ago (I'm a voracious reader).

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Some places have been offering some Black Friday deals early. I finally bought my self a Fit Bit-Versa 2 since it was $50 off. I have also picked up some kids for our friends and relatives little ones and toys for our car clubs toy drive(toys go to a school for kids with special needs) taking advantage of some of the pre Black Friday sales. I saw a few things that I will order online on Thursday that will be used for the baskets I make for the basket auction our car club does to benefit the local NJ Veteran's Home(we, meaning our club, gave them $6,000 this year again). Since my hubby and I don't exchange gifts(we travel instead), the kids get $$$$, and my godson and sister like Amazon gift cards to make purchases when they want, I don't have to worry about them. I won't venture into any thing but a grocery or drug store until next week unless it is necessary.

I was surprised and disappointed to see that AC Moore is going to be closing so I will be waiting to see what type of deals they will be offering and stock up on things for the toy drive, baskets or just for things I like to make.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Not very exciting but I'll be looking at a very special fishing reel my godson wants. We negotiated that this would be a birthday-congrats on first job-Christmas present (so don't be lookin' to Aunt Lisa next May for anything more than a card! LOL!). I've got it scoped out on amazon but am waiting until Friday to pull the trigger just in case the price drops. Every penny saved goes to the Aruba fund!
    I was going to wait until Black Friday to buy a new Kindle, but mine was at death's door so had to get a new one a few weeks ago (I'm a voracious reader).
    Make sure you install Honey or WikiBuy. They are free and will automatically tell you if there is a coupon code you can use to save even more! I use them on Amazon every time.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, can you tell me more about Honey or WikiBuy? Never heard of them, but I'm always up for savings a few dollars!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Were you able to trade your old Kindle in to reduce the price of the new one? I did that back in the spring. My kindle started giving me problems in Aruba. It was over 7 years old. I think I got $25 for it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was six years old and I could tell it was on its' last legs since I had to recharge the battery a couple of times a week. I didn't trade in or deregister my previous Kindle because I have a game on it that I couldn't download for the new one (back in the day, amazon had "active content" games you could download; it wasn't advertised very much and I don't even remember how I came across it, but I love the game-Phase 10) so my old Kindle has enough life left in her to play it.
    But I did trade in my very first Kindle (yes, I'll admit it, I'm on my third one!) but since it was only something like 2nd generation, not even a Paperwhite, I only got $10. Still better than nothing!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, can you tell me more about Honey or WikiBuy? Never heard of them, but I'm always up for savings a few dollars!
    Check them out, they install in your browser and work just about on any website. I got 65% off some stuff from Billabong.com before our last Aruba trip. Just got Pam a gift on Amazon and saved 2 bucks on $20.

https://www.joinhoney.com

https://wikibuy.com/instant?utm_sour...QaAv4QEALw_wcB

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine was six years old and I could tell it was on its' last legs since I had to recharge the battery a couple of times a week. I didn't trade in or deregister my previous Kindle because I have a game on it that I couldn't download for the new one (back in the day, amazon had "active content" games you could download; it wasn't advertised very much and I don't even remember how I came across it, but I love the game-Phase 10) so my old Kindle has enough life left in her to play it.
    But I did trade in my very first Kindle (yes, I'll admit it, I'm on my third one!) but since it was only something like 2nd generation, not even a Paperwhite, I only got $10. Still better than nothing!

https://www.cnet.com/how-to/move-everything-from-an-old-kindle-to-your-new-kindle/

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks Walt!!
    I just saved $4 on Amazon...........using Honey!
    0 1