This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 89

Thread: To Boost or Not

  1. #71
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Awesome.

    FYI_I just saw on the news that they are considering recommending immunocompromised individuals should get a 4th shot aka 2nd booster 6 months after the first booster. https://6abc.com/fourth-covid-shot-i...cine/11173656/
    Yes, I saw that as well. Tom is open to it. His Transplant group has also lowered his immunosuppresants quite a bit so hopefully that helps. He goes with the flow and I Obsess!!

    0 1
     

  2. #72
    Senior Member smoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow Peg you were lucky, got my Moderna booster yesterday and had every lousy symptom, fever, chills, aches I had from the first two! Little better today. Tonight I heard on the news they may have the 2nd booster in six months!
    0 0
     

  3. #73
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    7,689
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Wow Peg you were lucky, got my Moderna booster yesterday and had every lousy symptom, fever, chills, aches I had from the first two! Little better today. Tonight I heard on the news they may have the 2nd booster in six months!
    Hope you feel better soon!! I hope we don’t have to get another booster in six months!!

    0 0
     

  4. #74
    Senior Member smoki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    330
    Post Thanks / Like
    Right now I can't even think about it! LOL
    0 1
     

  5. #75
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    40,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tylenol...... hot shower........BED.
    Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Right now I can't even think about it! LOL
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0
     

  6. #76
    Senior Member robin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Oceania, north side
    Posts
    5,007
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by smoki View Post
    Wow Peg you were lucky, got my Moderna booster yesterday and had every lousy symptom, fever, chills, aches I had from the first two! Little better today. Tonight I heard on the news they may have the 2nd booster in six months!
    Right now they are only talking about immunocompromised individuals getting the 2nd booster-soft tissue transplant recipients, cancer patients, etc.






    0 0
     

  7. #77
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,571
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got an email yesterday from the local hospital where I got my first Covid shots in Feb. and March that they are now scheduling for the Moderna and Pfizer boosters. While they state the CDC has approved the "mixing" of vaccines, they will give you the one you request if you still have a concern. I wouldn't say I really have any concern, but given the choice, I will get the Moderna. Not taking anymore chances than I need to! So I'm booked for early on a Sunday morning at the end of November.
    This fits in perfectly with my "2021 vaccine schedule". Good thing I'm not afraid of needles or getting vaccines! Two Covid shots in Feb. and March; Tetanus shot in September; flu and first shingles shot last week; Covid booster in November (will get 2nd shingles shot in January). I feel like doing a public service announcement: "Look at all the vaccines I got this year and I'm still standing. So go get vaccinated". LOL!
    0 2
     

  8. #78
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    40,223
    Post Thanks / Like
    "You took a licking but you kept on ticking!!!"
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    I got an email yesterday from the local hospital where I got my first Covid shots in Feb. and March that they are now scheduling for the Moderna and Pfizer boosters. While they state the CDC has approved the "mixing" of vaccines, they will give you the one you request if you still have a concern. I wouldn't say I really have any concern, but given the choice, I will get the Moderna. Not taking anymore chances than I need to! So I'm booked for early on a Sunday morning at the end of November.
    This fits in perfectly with my "2021 vaccine schedule". Good thing I'm not afraid of needles or getting vaccines! Two Covid shots in Feb. and March; Tetanus shot in September; flu and first shingles shot last week; Covid booster in November (will get 2nd shingles shot in January). I feel like doing a public service announcement: "Look at all the vaccines I got this year and I'm still standing. So go get vaccinated". LOL!
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0
     

  9. #79
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    1,571
    Post Thanks / Like
    So far so good, Andrea! LOL!
    But I found it funny that my arm was three times as sore for three times as long with a red rash three times bigger after that shingles shot than it was with either Covid shot! Go figure...

    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    "You took a licking but you kept on ticking!!!"
    1 0
     

  10. #80
    Senior Member cpjones's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Eagle Beach, Glitz Casino, Manchebo Beach Resort
    Posts
    6,052
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    So far so good, Andrea! LOL!
    But I found it funny that my arm was three times as sore for three times as long with a red rash three times bigger after that shingles shot than it was with either Covid shot! Go figure...
    .....gotta tell ya..... that was way better than having shingles....! Had it 5 or 6 years ago.... face, eyes, nose, ear..... worst pain I ever had in my life.... couldn't shave for a coupla months and still have some scars from it.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the best of men!
    1 0
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •