This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Chile, Antarctica, Argentina Oct. 19-Nov.14

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everyone for talking off the ledge. Our regular agent is very organized and this one is not. I like having everything on these long trips to faraway places where I don't speak the language organized. I don't need down to the minute planning, but I do like to look at an itinerary and have an idea of what we are doing even if we are winging it for the day. I guess 30+ years in the classroom has made me very organized, too.(I had lunch with a friend who taught privately and she like things organized like I do). Last night, I put together my folder with all the important info, and facts, etc. Also, the reservations we have(she still hasn't sent me the stuff for Chile). I booked our stuff for Buenos Aires this afternoon after doing the bulk of packing. One thing we wanted to do isn't available, so I need to talk to hubby before looking at something else or just doing a hop on hop off bus that day. I hate leaving things to the last minute-ie the tour that is not available.

I do have to say, she did get a wonderful deal on the cruise. If we were to book the room we now have(thanks to the $125% and the sale), it would have been more double what we actually paid which was still a lot of money.

Post Thanks / Like
    I totally understand needing to have all your ducks in order before departure. I’m the same way, especially if it’s a place I’ve never been too.
    You’re taking an exotic, exciting adventure so having everything well planned is important.
    That being said, I have read and enjoyed all of your trip reports so I know you’re a seasoned, experienced traveler.
    All will be wonderful! Have a spectacular time! I’m looking forward to reading your reports!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    WoW Robin that sounds like a super adventure even for you and Stu Safe Travels and fill us in when you can. Enjoy!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I love your new photo Robin - great pic of both of you

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SusieLovesAruba View Post
    I love your new photo Robin - great pic of both of you
    thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    We are getting picked up at 1:00 by a friend. We will be at the airport very because she has to get her son off the bus, so we will hang in the lounge. I have everything we need, I think, other than the correct electric adapter for Stu's stuff in Argentina. I guess he'll have to get one there. I am 95% packed and will be 99% packed shortly. Stu has nothing packed.

At this point, I am so angry with my GP office that I am close to tears. Our derm doc (who is a vice chair of operations and an associate professor at Penn Med/University of Penn.) suggested taking the covid meds with us just in case. Stu's doctor okayed it. He called Friday and got the script Friday. I called Friday asking for that and a steroid pack in case I ingest what makes me very sick(black beans)and didn't get called back-they say it takes 48 hours-BS. I call today and go Karen on the answering machine and nothing. I go into the office and threaten to leave the practice after 23 years. I get called back and the doc said no the covid meds. Ok, I get it, I'm not sick and it's supposedly a no no because the government pays for it. They say they will call in the other meds. I pick it up and it is a Zpack and not the steroid pack. I love the doctors, but the office/nursing staff sucks and saying they suck is the kindest thing I can say about them.

I have been laying off the booze(keeping my GERD in control) except for the wedding and a few nights when I couldn't sleep and the travel agent had me stressed, but I am drinking tonight.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We are getting picked up at 1:00 by a friend. We will be at the airport very because she has to get her son off the bus, so we will hang in the lounge. I have everything we need, I think, other than the correct electric adapter for Stu's stuff in Argentina. I guess he'll have to get one there. I am 95% packed and will be 99% packed shortly. Stu has nothing packed.

At this point, I am so angry with my GP office that I am close to tears. Our derm doc (who is a vice chair of operations and an associate professor at Penn Med/University of Penn.) suggested taking the covid meds with us just in case. Stu's doctor okayed it. He called Friday and got the script Friday. I called Friday asking for that and a steroid pack in case I ingest what makes me very sick(black beans)and didn't get called back-they say it takes 48 hours-BS. I call today and go Karen on the answering machine and nothing. I go into the office and threaten to leave the practice after 23 years. I get called back and the doc said no the covid meds. Ok, I get it, I'm not sick and it's supposedly a no no because the government pays for it. They say they will call in the other meds. I pick it up and it is a Zpack and not the steroid pack. I love the doctors, but the office/nursing staff sucks and saying they suck is the kindest thing I can say about them.

I have been laying off the booze(keeping my GERD in control) except for the wedding and a few nights when I couldn't sleep and the travel agent had me stressed, but I am drinking tonight.
    I found the same problems with my GP and actually changed doctors because of it. In order to reach the office one had to go through the answering service, even during normal business hours. There is no way to call directly to the office. I too took offense to the 48 hour call back policy. It’s one thing if you just need to make a well visit appointment, although taking the extra step of being filtered through the service is annoying. But having to wait for up to 48 hours for a call back is just plain wrong, especially if you’re not feeling well and need to speak directly to someone in the office.
    My new GP has a small family practice and is affiliated with a good hospital. Her office staff is small and friendly. The doctor returns all phone calls the same day- even if it’s late in the evening. It’s the same for my cardiologist, dermatologist, and internist.
    On a better note, you have done a lot of prep and planning for this great adventure! I’m really excited to read your trip report. Have a marvelous time!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    the best covid meds are tylenol, hot tea, gatorade and chicken soup.
    Paul had covid a few months ago...he talked the dr into a script, dr advised NO but gave the script anyway.
    the pharmacist filled it and told Paul NOT to take it.
    it sits in our linen closet.

many physicians will not prescribe prophylactic meds.
    too many folks over use scripts when not needed.

have a great trip Robin..don't worry.
    THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sitting in the lounge with a margarita. I did not drink last night so why not now.

Post Thanks / Like
    Have a WONDERFUL trip!!!!
    0 0