This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Complaints :)

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Complaints :)

Years ago Paul and I gifted my cousin and his bride a week at Renaissance Ocean (when we owned a unit there)
    She (the bride) was not well traveled....she went to college in her hometown and through no fault of her own never really went very far.
    So for their honeymoon we gifted them accommodations a week in Aruba.

Her complaints were endless.............. too windy, I got a sun burn, the water has fish, the birds are scary, my hair is a mess, my ankle are swollen, the people are speaking a foreign language, the restaurants are expensive, the coffee is too strong.................. and these are the ones that I can remember.

So this showed up on my FB timeline today from a cruise group I belong to.
    I felt this was pretty funny.

So in a week where we have all been grieving the loss of those in Texas, this may bring a smile.

THESE ARE ACTUAL COMPLAINTS RECEIVED BY "THOMAS COOK VACATIONS" FROM DISSATISFIED CUSTOMERS:

1. "They should not allow topless sunbathing on the beach. It was very distracting for my husband who just wanted to relax."

2. "On my holiday to Goa in India, I was disgusted to find that almost every restaurant served curry. I don't like spicy food."

3. "We went on holiday to Spain and had a problem with the taxi drivers as they were all Spanish."

4. "We booked an excursion to a water park but no-one told us we had to bring our own swimsuits and towels. We assumed it would be included in the price."

5. "The beach was too sandy. We had to clean everything when we returned to our room."

6. "We found the sand was not like the sand in the brochure. Your brochure shows the sand as white but it was more yellow."

7. "It's lazy of the local shopkeepers in Puerto Vallartato close in the afternoons. I often needed to buy things during 'siesta' time -- this should be banned."

8. "No-one told us there would be fish in the water. The children were scared."

9. "Although the brochure said that there was a fully equipped kitchen, there was no egg-slicer in the drawers."

10. "I think it should be explained in the brochure that the local convenience store does not sell proper biscuits like custard creams or ginger nuts."

11. "The roads were uneven and bumpy, so we could not read the local guide book during the bus ride to the resort. Because of this, we were unaware of many things that would have made our holiday more fun."

12. "It took us nine hours to fly home from Jamaica to England. It took the Americans only three hours to get home. This seems unfair."

13. "I compared the size of our one-bedroom suite to our friends' three-bedroom and ours was significantly smaller."

14. "The brochure stated: 'No hairdressers at the resort.' We're trainee hairdressers and we think they knew and made us wait longer for service."

15. "When we were in Spain, there were too many Spanish people there. The receptionist spoke Spanish, the food was Spanish. No one told us that there would be so many foreigners."

16. "We had to line up outside to catch the boat and there was no air-conditioning."

17. "It is your duty as a tour operator to advise us of noisy or unruly guests before we travel."

18. "I was bitten by a mosquito. The brochure did not mention mosquitoes."

19. "My fiancée and I requested twin-beds when we booked, but instead we were placed in a room with a king bed. We now hold you responsible and want to be re-reimbursed for the fact that I became pregnant. This would not have happened if you had put us in the room that we booked."

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? sidtm
    1 5

Post Thanks / Like
    OMG all those points are so funny! But it’s not funny that your cousin complained to you about a very generous gift to Aruba. They should not have complained to you after such a nice gesture! Not cool!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Some people should never travel more than 5 miles from their home!
    and
    You can’t fix stupid!
    ( I did enjoy the chuckles)
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya they are dead to me

Quote Originally Posted by Colette M View Post
    OMG all those points are so funny! But it’s not funny that your cousin complained to you about a very generous gift to Aruba. They should not have complained to you after such a nice gesture! Not cool!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny, but really sad at the same time! Things that people sometimes say just amaze me.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I have seen that list before and it is so funny. It proves: 1) you can't fix stupid 2) some people are never happy.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Funny crazy stuff people say or even worse write
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Unbelievable! Just goes to prove that people are so annoying!

Which is why I like to fly first class so that I only deal with 12 passengers instead of a full plane of annoying people. Although that did not work out for Mike Tyson. He flew Jet Blue Mint and ended up beating up an annoying passenger in MINT. :>)
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Didn't someone complain recently here that there were too many locals at one of the beaches? SMH...
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    probably....sad.
    sometimes people forget that we are guests in their country.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Didn't someone complain recently here that there were too many locals at one of the beaches? SMH...
    0 0