This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 105 of 125 FirstFirst ... 55595103104105106107115 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,050 of 1243

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bravo to your Board of Directors; shame on those selfish, careless, and stupid people. Don't want any of them to get really sick, but selfishly just glad you and Paul are safe and packing for paradise!
    Have Lily and the kitties caught on that Mom and Dad are going somewhere? Bet those intuitive felines have!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    The positives (and all are now symptomatic and 1 hospitalized) are now 9.
    Paul and I are now barricaded in the house and backyard, except for Monday tests.

We decorated our pool area today. The folks that decorated are our circle of friends and we all wore masks.
    We were to have brought thanksgiving dinner to our friend Charlie tomorrow....but not now
    So these 2 jerks, have infected 7 others...............and ruined thanksgiving for our 86 year old friend who is alone.
    These 2 have shut us down. They have screwed things up for others who have been working so hard to keep all of our amenities open.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    yup, the board made tough decisions.

Lily and kitties are clueless.
    I did bring out the bags a few days ago and both cats did some investigating, then walked away.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Bravo to your Board of Directors; shame on those selfish, careless, and stupid people. Don't want any of them to get really sick, but selfishly just glad you and Paul are safe and packing for paradise!
    Have Lily and the kitties caught on that Mom and Dad are going somewhere? Bet those intuitive felines have!

0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wow. Just wow. I'm amazed at the selfishness. That's terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Paul and I are now barricaded in the house and backyard, except for Monday tests.

We decorated our pool area today. The folks that decorated are our circle of friends and we all wore masks.
    We were to have brought thanksgiving dinner to our friend Charlie tomorrow....but not now
    So these 2 jerks, have infected 7 others...............and ruined thanksgiving for our 86 year old friend who is alone.
    These 2 have shut us down. They have screwed things up for others who have been working so hard to keep all of our amenities open.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our schools, which have been hybrid for almost 6 weeks, are now going to full virtual after Thanksgiving to Jan. 18. So they were virtual for about 6 weeks, then hybrid for about 6 weeks, now virtual for 6-7 weeks. I feel so bad for the kids and teachers and parents. I am so glad I am retired.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post

Those folks should be arrested for a class B felony similar to knowingly infecting someone with AIDS. Probably wouldn't go anywhere, but it would get their attention. I have no sympathy nor good wishes for them whatsoever.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Walt.

What they did was ridiculous and selfish.

There is a quilting class that has been meeting every Wednesday.
    We just found out that one of the quilters was feeling ill, had a test and while waiting results went to quilt.
    At least they all had masks on, but the other people in the class are nervous wrecks now. (per one of the quilters)

There will be hell to pay when all of this is over.
    I wonder if the POA can force them to sell and get out.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Those folks should be arrested for a class B felony similar to knowingly infecting someone with AIDS. Probably wouldn't go anywhere, but it would get their attention. I have no sympathy nor good wishes for them whatsoever.

0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good evening everybody,

Andrea, I am so sorry to hear about the selfish and irresponsible behaviour of those who infected so many. What a bunch of glass bowls!

This happened to me this afternoon and to be frank, you really couldn't make this stuff up.

Here is the set up:

COVID-19 cases have shot up sharply here in the last three weeks, so the provincial government has locked us down completely, with only essential items being allowed to be sold here.

What happened to me:

I went to fill up my car and as I always do at the gas station, buy my lottery ticket. The clerk told me that he couldn't sell me a lottery ticket and that the provincial authorities had shut down all the lottery terminals in the province. Lottery tickets are deemed non-essential.

The absurdity of it all:

On my way home, sure enough I saw a lineup outside the government-owned liquor store and the cannabis store was open as well. So if you want send your mind into oblivion because of what is happening, you have a couple of options here, but don't dare try to dream about what you'd do with an extra $43 million. That dream has to be put on pause until these restrictions are lifted.

Like I said, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Glenn
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    Good evening everybody,

Andrea, I am so sorry to hear about the selfish and irresponsible behaviour of those who infected so many. What a bunch of glass bowls!

This happened to me this afternoon and to be frank, you really couldn't make this stuff up.

Here is the set up:

COVID-19 cases have shot up sharply here in the last three weeks, so the provincial government has locked us down completely, with only essential items being allowed to be sold here.

What happened to me:

I went to fill up my car and as I always do at the gas station, buy my lottery ticket. The clerk told me that he couldn't sell me a lottery ticket and that the provincial authorities had shut down all the lottery terminals in the province. Lottery tickets are deemed non-essential.

The absurdity of it all:

On my way home, sure enough I saw a lineup outside the government-owned liquor store and the cannabis store was open as well. So if you want send your mind into oblivion because of what is happening, you have a couple of options here, but don't dare try to dream about what you'd do with an extra $43 million. That dream has to be put on pause until these restrictions are lifted.

Like I said, you couldn't make this stuff up.

Glenn
    When we were shut down this year the reason for keep liquor stores(privately owned) open is because there are people who are addicted and to shut down the liquor stores would cause health issues for these people and overwhelm the hospitals. I think it was so people could deal with be home with their families.
    The issue of legalizing recreational pot in NJ was on the ballot this month and it passed. Now they have to set the rule and regs for selling it, so in a lock down it hasn't been an issue.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, at least you don’t have to worry about your numbers coming out if the lottery is completely shut down. The one thing I have done during this whole stay at home thing is put in our lottery. We’ve played them two weeks at a time so I wouldn’t have to go out as often.

0 0