This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 11 of 91 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Think about all the extra use the house is getting now....We are in it 24/7. Much more water use... flushing etc....all equals a plumbers dream.
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Virginia posted a definitive list that actually makes sense. I think service people, plumbers, airco guys, etc. are very essential. If you don't, what happens when you flush all of the TP you've been hoarding? My nephew is a plumber and his business calls have been nonstop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cpjones View Post
    Actually..... that's state wide...…. and this 'stayin' home with honey' thingy...… can have it's trials!

Oh, guess I missed that. I thought it was just Boston but I can see now that Quincy has closed until May 1st. I just can’t keep up anymore.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got an email from my doctor’s office. They are rescheduling many appointments. For those appointments that are kept they are asking you to wait in your car until they call you to come in. They’ve also temporarily closed the urgent care in our city.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The Governors of any state that has issued restrictions would have issued an Executive Order detailing every kind of business that is deemed to be an essential service. Our Governor here in CT has already issued several amendments to his Order and clarifications. My State Representative sent a PDF of the Order to me, but they are easily available online if you google your state.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    State Executive Orders are at the following website if you need clarification on anything:

https://web.csg.org/covid19/executive-orders/

State by State Resources and Restrictions:

https://web.csg.org/covid19/state-co...ted-resources/
    Last edited by ~Amy~®; 03-26-2020 at 01:38 PM.
    ~Amy~® -- South Beach: Jan. 2020 -- New Orleans: Feb. 2020 -- Playa del Carmen: March 2020 -- San Juan Islands: Sept. 2020 -- 40th trip to Aruba: Oct. & Nov. 2020

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The orders are not being followed and/or they are taking a wide berth on the interpretation because they do not outline specific occupations. For example: the dollar store sells some food items, so they are staying open even though they are not specifically a grocery store.

Quote Originally Posted by ~Amy~® View Post
    State Executive Orders are at the following website if you need clarification on anything:

https://web.csg.org/covid19/executive-orders/

State by State Resources and Restrictions:

https://web.csg.org/covid19/state-co...ted-resources/

Post Thanks / Like
    CT's Order was very specific and businesses can call the state if they are not sure, and clarifications are issued if necessary. Can't speak about Orders in other states.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    NJ closed most of the beaches and boardwalks. The cases, especially near NY are rapidly growing. Only 3 in our county and 2 of them work here but do not live here. My son is wearing more protective gear now. He stays away from us. Leaves his boots in the garage and all his clothes in his room. He only uses his bathroom.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just got back from the grocery store and it kinda freaked me out to be honest with you. There were MANY people in masks today....it made an uncomfortable situation even more so....I guess its now about time that I will wear mine next time as well
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 03-27-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I guess I was not quick enough moving your post to its right destination.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1