This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 135 of 139 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1381

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our governor has eliminated all covid protocols.
    We will continue practicing safe protocols.
    Covid tests done.
    Results by tomorrow morning.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Our governor has eliminated all covid protocols.
    We will continue practicing safe protocols.
    Covid tests done.
    Results by tomorrow morning.
    Our numbers in NJ are coming down and the rate of transmission is low-.37.

I hope that people will not see it as a sign that they do not need to vaccinate. I also hope opening up everything will not send the rates up. NJ had under 1,000 new cases today and there are close to 9 million people. However; I spoke with my cousin who lives in Israel, which has a slightly higher population, but higher vaccination rates(also started earlier) and he said there were 47 new cases in the country. It would be nice to get to numbers like that. Zero would be better.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Today Connecticut became the first state to reach 50% of those 18+ residents to be fully vaccinated!!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Our area of England has next no Covid cases. No deaths for a few months and a very high vaccination % so people are much more relaxed. By 21 June almost all restrictions will be removed. Yesterday the whole country recorded a single death.
    what is best in life ?
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sundialSoft View Post
    Our area of England has next no Covid cases. No deaths for a few months and a very high vaccination % so people are much more relaxed. By 21 June almost all restrictions will be removed. Yesterday the whole country recorded a single death.
    That is excellent news. You mentioned masks on the beach in another post, masks are not required on the beaches. Outside some folks are wearing masks (walking down the street and around the pool areas) but they don't seem to be mandatory. Indoors, masks are required when standing and walking but may be removed when sitting (in restaurants). Everywhere we've eaten since we got here has had contact tracing in place. Just your name and email/phone number or where you're staying. Almost everywhere you go inside they spray your hands with disinfectant... restaurants, grocery stores and retail shops. I really hope you go through with your plans to visit Aruba, you will not be disappointed.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by sundialSoft View Post
    It is great sign of hope that maybe things world wide will eventually return to normal.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Our schools went back last week-4 half days for all kids who did not opt for virtual all year. Wednesday is a cleaning day.

Now the school I taught in may be virtual all year, but not due to covid, but rather a fire which appears to have been set by a 5th grade girl in the 5th grade girls' bathroom. No one was hurt, just a bit upset. Fire drills do work-building was evacuated in seconds(according to the vp), since only two classrooms share an evacuation door, I know we could empty the building in under 90 secs. Luckily the weather was beautiful. All the emergency plans worked-transportation showed with buses and took the kids to the administration building which was once a high school then jr. high, middle school, so there is a large auditorium. Food services were able to provide what was needed to the kids from the districts central kitchen. Most of the damage was contained to the bathroom, but my friend said soot went through the most of building. It must be cleaned, inspected and a new CO issued.

So glad I am retired.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Over the weekend I heard of a Covid case that lead to the discovery of a more serious issue.

Stu had emailed one of his car show buddies about an upcoming show. We've known this guy for over 15 years, but never met his long term girlfriend who he finally convince to marry him last year. Bill called Stu over the weekend to say he won't be attending car shows this year. His wife was not feeling well in March and tested positive for covid. When they did a chest xray they found lung cancer in both lungs and further testing has shown it has spread. She is in treatment and it is a wait and see since it is advanced, however; if she did not get Covid, she still would not know she has cancer.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Terrible, best wishes to her.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    sad
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Over the weekend I heard of a Covid case that lead to the discovery of a more serious issue.

Stu had emailed one of his car show buddies about an upcoming show. We've known this guy for over 15 years, but never met his long term girlfriend who he finally convince to marry him last year. Bill called Stu over the weekend to say he won't be attending car shows this year. His wife was not feeling well in March and tested positive for covid. When they did a chest xray they found lung cancer in both lungs and further testing has shown it has spread. She is in treatment and it is a wait and see since it is advanced, however; if she did not get Covid, she still would not know she has cancer.
    AIDTM THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind?

0 0