This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 17 of 64 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry for your loss.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I was just informed of a retired employee fro my company died from Covid. She was one of my first supervisors when I first started working at the company 34 years ago. I owed some of my success to her. There was a time when layoffs were going on in the department we worked for because it was being relocated to a new head quarter in Bethlehem PA from NY. She got on the phone, called other department Managers asking if they had a position available for a promising young 25 year old who had only been with the company for 3 years at that point. There was an open position in another position, she set up the interview for me and suggested I go the meeting because it was most likely i would be canned after only 3 years with the company. I took her advise and went to the meeting/interview and was hired for the position right on the spot. Years later I moved up to different positions with different departments. If it wasn't for her I would not have had such a long career. RIP Miriam..

It really hits home when you find out someone you knew died of this virus and makes it even more real and serious.

Be safe my friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry Ace. We can really see how much this virus is impacting people we know.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so sorry Ace! This virus sucks. An invisible enemy.

Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    I was just informed of a retired employee fro my company died from Covid. She was one of my first supervisors when I first started working at the company 34 years ago. I owed some of my success to her. There was a time when layoffs were going on in the department we worked for because it was being relocated to a new head quarter in Bethlehem PA from NY. She got on the phone, called other department Managers asking if they had a position available for a promising young 25 year old who had only been with the company for 3 years at that point. There was an open position in another position, she set up the interview for me and suggested I go the meeting because it was most likely i would be canned after only 3 years with the company. I took her advise and went to the meeting/interview and was hired for the position right on the spot. Years later I moved up to different positions with different departments. If it wasn't for her I would not have had such a long career. RIP Miriam..

It really hits home when you find out someone you knew died of this virus and makes it even more real and serious.

Be safe my friends!

Post Thanks / Like
    God speed, Miriam, and rest in peace.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Governor Baker has extended the stay at home order until May 4th. Not unexpected but ... (sigh)

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense (takes it through that last weekend in April). Gov. Lamont here in CT is wisely coordinating with Gov. Cuomo and Gov. Murphy (of NJ; I think that's his name; NJ members feel free to correct me on that!). Have to admit it was very disturbing last night to listen to Anderson Cooper talk to Gov. Lamont and refer to the county I live in as part of the NYC hot spot. Brought it home more than it already was.
    Did you all hear that Chris Cuomo, CNN anchor and brother of Gov. Cuomo, has tested positive.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw a tweet about Chris Cuomo. It said his symptoms were mild. So strange how this virus attacks.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Governor Baker has extended the stay at home order until May 4th. Not unexpected but ... (sigh)
    We in Virginia were told to stay home until June 10th!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I went grocery shopping today and ran into someone I went to school with who still works in our school district. In our conversation across the parking lot, she said that our school district believes that the governor will make a decision very soon to close schools for the remainder of the school year.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    We in Virginia were told to stay home until June 10th!

Wow, that’s all I can say just wow!

0 1