This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 19 of 46 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    It’s good that people can still have a sense of humor. It keeps us sane.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We will be hosting Easter but it will be a small crew...the 3 of us but we will still do an Easter Egg hunt for our son.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-03-2020 at 01:32 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, we're officially "mask-a-teers". We have made our no-sew masks using bandanas and rubber bands. We didn't want to be selfish and use N95s or take anything away from those hard working folks trying to help us all through this. So we followed the simple instructions on line and made our own. It's really easy and doesn't take away from the medical professionals that really need the supplies. (my bandana has skulls on it)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1r2C1zGUHbU

1 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the link Walt. I’m in the camp that feels a mask does help but agree with you that we shouldn’t be buying them when health care professionals need them.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Agreed with buying them now. I bought mine long ago out of fear back in Feb which seems like a lifetime ago.... I am glad I have them though. We need more companies to step up like the Patriots and we need all hands on deck making multiple ones for every American...thats how we stop this in its tracks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Thanks for the link Walt. I’m in the camp that feels a mask does help but agree with you that we shouldn’t be buying them when health care professionals need them.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-03-2020 at 08:26 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    I found 2 R95 masks in with my painting stuff. They are similar to the N95 but they also block oily particles-I guess necessary in constructions as I bought them to strip paint off of our mailbox. I used one today when I went shopping and then put it in a bag to keep in the car. Because it was in with the brushes and stuff, it had a faint fresh paint smell.

I have seen instructions for the masks using hair ties/bands-the ponytail ones-instead of rubber bands.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had a couple of masks from the Transplant center that have been tucked away so that’s what I’m using. Basically though we’re just trying not to go out at all.

0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Our air conditioning company came for our spring/summer service last week.
    At the time he asked us if we were interested in UV lights for our air handler.
    As the air comes in thru the filter is goes thru a long beam of UVlight and eventually cooled and sent out thru the ducts.
    "Supposedly" the UV cuts down allergens, viruses, mold.
    He mentions it to us 2x a year....every service call as he knows both of us have allergies. He said now wit the covid 19 it might be a good time to do it.
    So he added the UV light.
    I have sinus headaches every day and last 2 days none. (none in aruba none on cruises non in Maine...here in Fl I have Oak and Bermuda grass allergy....not great when one lives on a golf course)

So if you are interested ask your HVAC person about the light.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Kevin sent us a few masks from his "stash" and I found 2 in my stash.
    I love the bandana you tube video
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Walt, thank you so very much for posting this link. I have to go to the grocery store tomorrow morning and I've been really nervous about it. I just finished making a mask and it's great . Still don't really want to go but will now feel a bit safer. So very grateful to you. I'm now a masketeer!!

0 3