This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 23 of 95 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea your wonderful family is being hit hard...so sorry and prayers for your friends and family. I wish i had more....awful news.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    thanks all.

last time that I saw my uncle was at my mom's funeral in 2004.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So this isn't my hometown, but where one of my cousins lives. My cousin is the religious one in the family and lives in Jerusalem. He said they have lock downs much stricter than here. Police are blocking roads in and out of neighborhoods. He had to go to a pharmacy outside of his neighborhood and had to show them the script to get out and his ID to get back in. They can only go 1000 meters from their homes. He also said there was a scam where people were going door to door selling masks. The masks were treated with something to knock out the people. Then they would tie them up and steal whatever they could. Evil people taking advantage of gullible people.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    So this isn't my hometown, but where one of my cousins lives. My cousin is the religious one in the family and lives in Jerusalem. He said they have lock downs much stricter than here. Police are blocking roads in and out of neighborhoods. He had to go to a pharmacy outside of his neighborhood and had to show them the script to get out and his ID to get back in. They can only go 1000 meters from their homes. He also said there was a scam where people were going door to door selling masks. The masks were treated with something to knock out the people. Then they would tie them up and steal whatever they could. Evil people taking advantage of gullible people.
    What an awful story!! It’s just difficult out to comprehend how evil people can be!!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    special place in hell for them.
    you know what they say about karma!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    On Friday there was ban on construction with a few exceptions. Today I took a drive to see how the Tractor Supply building was going on the parcel of land I lived on as a kid. I had not be there since right before we left for Aruba, so around New Years. I figured no one would be there. The building is up and the sign is up. They were paving part of the parking lot and construction workers were in and out(I parked across the street).

This afternoon I was cleaning the windows in my family room and saw that they started working on house that is about 500 ft behind us. There was a pretty bad fire the night we stayed at the hotel by the airport before flying to Aruba. Nothing had been done on it this whole time, but today they started tearing the back off.

So much for no construction.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sad after reading the excerpt I am about to post...I honestly don't think I could handle it if Harvard is correct...see below. I am going to make a triple drink....doubles wont do it after reading this.

The US may have to endure social distancing measures -- such as stay-at-home orders and school closures -- until 2022, researchers projected on Tuesday. That is, unless, a vaccine becomes quickly available.
    That's according to researchers from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, who published their findings in the journal Science on Tuesday. Those findings directly contradict research being touted by the White House that suggests the pandemic may stop this summer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I am sad after reading the excerpt I am about to post...I honestly don't think I could handle it if Harvard is correct...see below. I am going to make a triple drink....doubles wont do it after reading this.

The US may have to endure social distancing measures -- such as stay-at-home orders and school closures -- until 2022, researchers projected on Tuesday. That is, unless, a vaccine becomes quickly available.
    That's according to researchers from the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, who published their findings in the journal Science on Tuesday. Those findings directly contradict research being touted by the White House that suggests the pandemic may stop this summer.

That would just be insane. I think things will slowly open and be limited but it won’t be until June.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes it would be insane I totally agree. All that said, I am one who wont be returning to the general public until this is figured out. If I were "told" to go back to work anytime soon I would be fired as I would not go. I thank God everyday these days for all the essential workers that are much braver than I am...that includes the young guys/ladies that bag the groceries to the nurses and doctors risking their lives for ours etc....they are all essential and so appreciated.

That would just be insane. I think things will slowly open and be limited but it won’t be until June.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 04-14-2020 at 10:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The number of cases in our area are climbing. Up until about a week ago there was very little testing being done. They opened a testing center and now the numbers are doubling every three days. I really think that the numbers of people who are infected are so much higher than what what is reported because of the lack of testing.