This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 32 of 95 FirstFirst ... 2230313233344282 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    David and his partner have been transporting a lot of Covid patients from various hospitals to their home or back to nursing homes. These are people who had the virus and are no longer symptomatic and are going home to quarantine for 14 days. He said that the staff lines up and claps and cheers as they wheel the patient out. One hospital plays, "Here Comes the Sun" over the speakers as they wheel out a patient. They have also upped their meager salary by $5.00 an hour but, I am glad he is off now for a week.

Post Thanks / Like
    An expert we're using in one of our litigation cases has COVID. He's been in the hospital for 27 days, 24 of which on a ventilator. He just came off the ventilator yesterday. He had a COVID test last week and tested negative. So the virus is gone, but he developed a secondary bacterial infection. He was treated with antibiotics and is doing better on that front. What a scary disease - so many symptoms!
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, that is a horribly long time to be on a ventilator. So glad to hear he's off of it. Too often that doesn't happen since it's basically life support. Here's hoping for his continued improvement. It's going to be a long, hard road.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow.
    I am so glad that he is off the vent.
    only about 12% of covid patients that are vented survive.
    (Sanjay Gupta said that yesterday)

It is an UGLY virus.

Quote Originally Posted by purpleangel View Post
    An expert we're using in one of our litigation cases has COVID. He's been in the hospital for 27 days, 24 of which on a ventilator. He just came off the ventilator yesterday. He had a COVID test last week and tested negative. So the virus is gone, but he developed a secondary bacterial infection. He was treated with antibiotics and is doing better on that front. What a scary disease - so many symptoms!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Well, I spoke too soon. He had to go back on the ventilator on Saturday. His respiration rate has been rapid since coming off the ventilator. They're also giving him medication to slow respiration down a bit.
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    I was in BJs today. I normally do self check out, but the register froze after I scanned everything, so they sent me to a manned register. I was talking with the young woman checking me out and she told me that over the weekend they had a male customer who came in wearing the mask because it is the law here, however; he had the word "hoax" written across the mask. Really? I think the person needs to spend some time without PPE in a Covid ward.
    Last edited by robin; 04-27-2020 at 02:22 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    is there no APP for BJ's so that you can self scan as you shop?

Sams and Costco both have it and it is wonderful.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes, BJ's has that on their app and it is just as convenient as Sam's.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've used the app for coupons, but never did the scanning because I never really paid attention to it. Thanks for the suggestion! I'll have to give it a try next week.