This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 66 of 85 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    LOL! No, it's not selfish of you at all. Trust me, I really want to go and really want to give a much-needed trip report to everyone (especially since I read my string of reports from last year and they were pretty pathetic! I need to do better...)

There are lots of things rolling around in my head about going/not going. When I get home tonight, I'll try to put my concerns and thought processes down as they might be helpful to someone else planning a trip in the next few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    oh please don't cancel
    I need a trip report...
    Is that pretty selfish of me?
    Regardless......I am holding out HOPE that you can go and hoping that by September, things will loosen and cases down considerably.
    Ya, that is Pollyanna-like.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Corona Virus effects in your hometown.-screen-shot-2020-07-13-9-19-17-am-jpgFYI about hand sanitizer that can be toxic. I did have two bottles of one of these listed. I kept one on the island and one is the car. Every time I got in the car I'd use it on my hands and if I had touched my face in the store I'd put some on my face. I picked up to others today and will get rid of the ones I have. The ones I had have a pump and I am going to clean those out and put it on the new bottles.

Post Thanks / Like
    Spoke to "our" residents lab girl this am; (can't do mine though)
    A lot of these positive tests are repeat positives. Meaning they already were tested positive and getting retested again remaining positive
    the CDC is not calculating these; the numbers are lower than they say.
    Last edited by brady bear; 07-14-2020 at 04:01 AM.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi all. I wasn't sure where to just pop in and say hello to see how everyone is doing. Seems like this thread is a good place for that. Reading this thread I realize we've all had our own kind of pandemic, yet we all are in the same boat so to say. I was very mad (and still am) when all this craziness happened. I kept asking how this happened. We can put people in space, have video conferencing with someone around the world, create cities with skyscrapers, but can't control this minuscule "bug".
    I didn't realize my trip February trip report, which had a kind of subtitle "we won't see many of these for a while" (meaning a trip report) would ring so true. I remember that during that February trip, this virus was new and there was a cruise ship that wanted to dock in Aruba with sick passengers. I believe it was the same ship that ended up sailing around for quite a long time trying to find a place to dock.

I'll add a little bit about our covid experiences later. But, just wanted to say hi.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think anger is a common emotion. It’s difficult! While I have days where I struggle, for the most part we have accepted it for what it is and pray for a vaccine. I miss the freedom to go out to the local spot for lunch and to play keno. My substitute has been to freshen up the dining room, spend more time cooking and trying new dishes. Some successful, some not. Retail therapy also helps as amazon arrives at our door almost daily.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    brady bear, that is really interesting (and a bit disturbing also). Is she only talking about Florida testing or nationwide?

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    A lot of these positive tests are repeat positives. Meaning they already were tested positive and getting retested again remaining positive
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    I was wondering if the retests were part of the numbers. While it is not "new" cases, it is still people who can spread the virus.

Post Thanks / Like
    Nation wide; anyone who testes positive; must have 2 negative test to go back to work (so that's at least 2x more testing_)
    some (most) usually test positive again within 10 days. and must keep testing till they get two in a row negative.
    0 0

Since 1980, and throughout the many changes, we still love going downtown in Oranjestad.
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was announced today that the Canada-US border remains closed until August 21, 2020.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    kind of off topic but since we are in the "off topic category"........
    numerous houses in our community owned by our Canadian " snowbirds" are going to be listed for sale soon.
    apparently, the covid supplemental insurance that covers up to 180 days for the Canadians here at their "other home" is either not available or ridiculously expensive.
    so a number of them are "selling"

it is time for this damn virus to hit the road.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    It was announced today that the Canada-US border remains closed until August 21, 2020.

Glenn
    Winnipeg, Canada

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0