This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 71 of 91 FirstFirst ... 2161697071727381 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    On another topic: my fridge is acting up again and we decided just to replace it instead of getting it serviced again. It is still running having the same repeated issue as in the past. I went to our local appliance store today talked to my friend who works there. I saw surprised to see how thin their inventory is right now. Chris said that they shut production down and now that it is back up and running they cannot keep up with demand because of the shut down, because of complying with Covid regs, because they can't get the materials/parts in(I am getting one made in the US), and the ones made out of the country aren't being shipped. It'll be September before I get a new fridge. I am glad I did not wait until it died.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    On another topic: my fridge is acting up again and we decided just to replace it instead of getting it serviced again. It is still running having the same repeated issue as in the past. I went to our local appliance store today talked to my friend who works there. I saw surprised to see how thin their inventory is right now. Chris said that they shut production down and now that it is back up and running they cannot keep up with demand because of the shut down, because of complying with Covid regs, because they can't get the materials/parts in(I am getting one made in the US), and the ones made out of the country aren't being shipped. It'll be September before I get a new fridge. I am glad I did not wait until it died.
    Our AC was on its last leg. We decided in February to go ahead and replace. I'm so glad we did because I'm hearing parts and units for AC are having the same delays. I can't imagine being stuck this summer not being able to get a replacement. We have been consistently over 90 for weeks.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    EXACTLY!!!! I sent a message to my department earlier saying our school committee is meeting online through October at least and they want us to teach in person????
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    it was weird........yesterday in our county, the school board had a ZOOM meeting and it was televised on our local city channel.
    they were debating the 3 choices for when school opens on the 24th..........in school, online, or a combination of both.
    the majority want them all in school and that is how they were leaning when I turned if off.

...the weirdness............they were on a ZOOM. they did NOT feel comfortable yet meeting as group in their school board conference room.
    but of course, let's bring back those hardy kids who just cannot possibly catch the virus. <note extreme sarcasm>

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    EXACTLY!!!! I sent a message to my department earlier saying our school committee is meeting online through October at least and they want us to teach in person????
    When I saw that our Board of Education was having a special meeting on Zoom and we could watch it on Youtube to decide what the year would look like, I asked how can they decide to send kids and teachers and bus drivers, etc. back to school when they won't meet in person.

I watched off and on the ZOOM school board meeting(on youtube). There had been committee meetings of teachers, admins, etc. and they had put together a plan having two groups coming in one day a week. Two days would be online instruction and the kids would have assignments to complete unsupported the one day a week the other group was in school. The board member sat in their homes doing other things like eating and walking around while people called in to state their opinions. The board president(a real a**hole) stated that the board was upset they were not included in the planning process and didn't like the plan and wanted two days per group. His opening remarks were "we are the board and we have the ultimate decision." Not a single board member is or was in education. Upset they were not included(the superintendent did ask but no one joined in on the discussions). Now they have made their own decision and I wonder how they will feel if a student, teacher, staff member contracts covid in school and dies? or if a student passes it to a family member or community member and they die?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Now they have made their own decision and I wonder how they will feel if a student, teacher, staff member contracts covid in school and dies? or if a student passes it to a family member or community member and they die?
    Unfortunately Robin, I doubt they will bat an eye...

Post Thanks / Like
    Just heard our "wonderful" governor wants to open up nursing homes to visitors;
    I do believe families miss their love ones and want to hold them and see them
    My thought is with the huge increase in positive cases mainly nursing homes and affecting
    the elderly; we should not. I just fear there will an increase of cases
    If they do it should be "one" designated family member; must show negative test every 2 weeks;
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that the nursing home residents/patients and their family members NEED to see each other.
    That being said, I think that I agree about 1 designated family member that must be tested regularly.

I also believe in this good weather season, maybe an outdoor venue can be created so that properly masked visitors can visit with there loved ones outdoors in a safer setting.

I missed being with my mom when she died. I had been with her for days and nights holding her hands. My son called and had missed the school bus, so I ran home to drive him to school. She died while I was in the car. I hated the fact that she died alone. When I got back there I went in, she was gone and I was the one that notified the nurse. The guilt lives on in me. How are family members able to come to term with this kind of happening with loved ones that are dying? I hate to hear of them dying alone. Thank God nurses and hospital staff are there. (like Brady Bear)

I do hope they can find a safe way for loved ones to visit.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    My thought is with the huge increase in positive cases mainly nursing homes and affecting
    If they do it should be "one" designated family member; must show negative test every 2 weeks;

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I soooo agree!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    If it’s necessary to have a COVID room in schools, should we really be sending kids to school? I don’t know the answer but it really is a concern.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Here they are allowing outdoor visits for those healthy enough to go outside. They must stay 6 feet away, wear masks, and the time is limited-I think 20 minutes, but I am not sure about the time. It has been very meaningful for everyone I know who has a family member in a facility.

Post Thanks / Like
    If I read it correctly anyone traveling from any international destination must quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in MA- this may have been posted already but I just read that. Unless you have just had a valid neg Covid test....