This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 73 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2363717273747583 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Peg, I am sorry to say it is everywhere. Last weekend in Jackson, NJ two 20something girls rented a large house with very large year through AirBnB. They threw a HUGE party and more people than they invited showed up-they had over 700 people and hundreds of cars. Why it took until it was that big for people to call the police is beyond me.

I look at what people post and just don't understand how they believe what they believe. I guess they have to get really sick or have a loved one get really sick to believe it is serious. When people post that the survival rate is 99.94% because only 148,000 died out of 328,000,000 is just crazy because not everyone in the country has had the virus and the real rate is about 95% based on positive tests and deaths. People don't get that there can be long term effects and the reality is we don't know what effects the virus will have years down the road(think of Chicken Pox and Shingles).

Yesterday I took my SUV for inspection. You have to get out for them to do the test. I sat for an hour in line behind a car with a young child about 4 or 5 in it(he was bouncing all around and sticking his head of out the window). When their turn came, they got out and both had their noses over their masks like the nose isn't part of the respiratory system. The inspector had to tell them to cover their noses. They were getting into their car at the end of the inspection as I was walking up to the waiting area. They got in and the mom took off with the kid hanging his head out the window. Stupid all around.

The numbers in NJ are starting to rise, too. The governor is warning if it doesn't change, things will start to shut down again.
    Last edited by robin; 07-31-2020 at 08:58 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow, 700 people! That’s insane. With this family, one of the aunts was in the hospital and on a ventilator for 55 days. She wasn’t expected to make it but she did. I just can’t understand how they can behave this way.

While I have rescheduled a lot of appointments we do have some things coming up that we will have to go to. Tom has his 6 month scans scheduled for early September and wants me to reschedule them. I’m struggling with that one but may message the doctor and see what she says. It’s funny, and I’m sure you relate, when you have someone go through the transplant process and the new normal we never expected to go through another new normal!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    King Ralph has taken us back to phase 2 or 1 or something. Apparently drinking alcohol causes spikes in transmission as does listening to loud music sitting on the beach among other things. Our mayor drank the kool-aid and I fear we are about to close the city.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    King Ralph has taken us back to phase 2 or 1 or something. Apparently drinking alcohol causes spikes in transmission as does listening to loud music sitting on the beach among other things. Our mayor drank the kool-aid and I fear we are about to close the city.
    The bars are not open here unless they serve food. You still can not sit at a bar. However, they can put high tops up against the bar for people to sit in. Doesn’t make a lot of sense to me. I guess they feel if people are drinking they will forget about social distancing. My feeling is the establishment should be able to monitor that.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The law in Virginia states that any establishment serving alcohol must serve food, so there are no "bars" in Virginia. I hate to say it, but it seems response is becoming more politically based than medically based on fact. So while the little punks fight and argue in state capitols and DC, our country is slowly going down the tubes. My question is why have all of these other countries that were "hot spots" and "epicenters" been able to control the virus and slowly reopen, but the US doesn't seem to be able to? I'm terribly afraid the answer is politics and selfishness.

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yet people are calling the Gov a dictator and life ruiner because he won’t open gyms and nonsense like that.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Peg, I am sorry to say it is everywhere. Last weekend in Jackson, NJ two 20something girls rented a large house with very large year through AirBnB. They threw a HUGE party and more people than they invited showed up-they had over 700 people and hundreds of cars. Why it took until it was that big for people to call the police is beyond me.

I look at what people post and just don't understand how they believe what they believe. I guess they have to get really sick or have a loved one get really sick to believe it is serious. When people post that the survival rate is 99.94% because only 148,000 died out of 328,000,000 is just crazy because not everyone in the country has had the virus and the real rate is about 95% based on positive tests and deaths. People don't get that there can be long term effects and the reality is we don't know what effects the virus will have years down the road(think of Chicken Pox and Shingles).

Yesterday I took my SUV for inspection. You have to get out for them to do the test. I sat for an hour in line behind a car with a young child about 4 or 5 in it(he was bouncing all around and sticking his head of out the window). When their turn came, they got out and both had their noses over their masks like the nose isn't part of the respiratory system. The inspector had to tell them to cover their noses. They were getting into their car at the end of the inspection as I was walking up to the waiting area. They got in and the mom took off with the kid hanging his head out the window. Stupid all around.

The numbers in NJ are starting to rise, too. The governor is warning if it doesn't change, things will start to shut down again.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm becoming a bit concerned about Connecticut. We've done such a great job, as has our Governor, and the numbers are still good, but there was an article on the Greenwich and Darien Patches this morning (where I live and work, respectively) that those towns are seeing numbers rise because of parties and gatherings of young people. It's so frustrating because I'm so proud of how great CT has been doing as have all the New England states and NJ. When you look at the color-coded map they are always showing and posting on CNN, our little corner of the country looks like a haven compared to the rest of the country (with a few exceptions).

And now this darn hurricane who's name no one can pronounce (including the experts on the Weather Channel! LOL!) is threatening the whole East Coast this coming week...Mother Nature is on a major rampage between pandemics, natural disasters and now killer hornets in the Northwest and pythons in the Everglades! She's basically sending a message to the whole world: "take that, people, payback's a b***h"!

Guess that was my turn to vent a bit! :-)
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post

And now this darn hurricane who's name no one can pronounce (including the experts on the Weather Channel! LOL!) is threatening the whole East Coast this coming week...
    We're calling it Acai.

Post Thanks / Like
    I had an appointment for an eye exam today. Since I had already rescheduled it once I decided to go. Did I feel safe? I would give it an 80%. Everyone had on masks. After I signed the agreement for them to bill insurance, the used pen went in a tray and then I waited in an area with carefully spaced chairs. There were about 30 people in the waiting room. I really expected that they would tell me to wait in the car and they would text me when they were ready as it was stated on the website. I don’t think I would have kept the appointment otherwise. As I waited, I observed their cleaning between patients. What I observed was a quick wipe down of the equipment. So... at least my test results were good and I hope everyone I was in contact was heathy.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    As I mentioned prior; we get tested every 2 weeks;
    Apparently 6 employees were tested positive; however "we" are not disclosed who they are since it's HIPPA
    one person was positive came to work without 2 negatives... (makes me made cause you need 2 not one)
    I wear my ppe; do not car pool with anyone.. social distance from all..
    But I know who they are. Have to screen people prior to coming into the building and they are on the do not let
    in slip. Two traveled all over Atlantic having a blast; no mask no ppe. WTheck is wrong with people
    This is why nursing home cases are going up.. idiots like these people.
    My main concern is they should test all the residents now.
    Had to test one man yesterday.... refused No several times.. I bribed him with chocolate milk and xx choc syrup. He looks at me and smiles I will do it for 2 chocolate milks and xxxxx syrup. Had to laugh. Actually made my day.
    1 0