This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 74 of 87 FirstFirst ... 2464727374757684 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    those employees who did not follow the work guidelines should be fired.

I thought that our state mandate required all health care professionals and nursing home residents be tested every 2 weeks?

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    those employees who did not follow the work guidelines should be fired.

I thought that our state mandate required all health care professionals and nursing home residents be tested every 2 weeks?

Just employees and not residents
    Last edited by brady bear; 08-07-2020 at 08:09 AM.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    walt. I broke away all of the off topic (weather) posts and put them on their own.
    thanks

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Today I went into Philadelphia for my annual mammogram. Because of Covid, I had to upload the script and my insurance card 4 days prior to my appointment. Yesterday they texted a series of Covid related questions. My drive to Philly today was quieter than I had ever seen. No back ups in the usual places. Very little traffic in the city and not nearly as many people out and about-it seemed like most of the city was working from home. When I got to the hospital, they had converted one of the parking garages to a drive thru testing center. I think I could have still parked there, but wasn't sure, so I went to the parking deck I hate using and it was not full. They took my temperature when I entered and asked the normal covid questions again. They also had different entrance for employees. They only allowed 4 people in each elevator, which normally would be a problem, but it was so quiet it was not an issue. In the radiology waiting area they had chairs roped off. There was only one other woman in the Woman's Imaging Center-normally there would be a dozen or more. I was taken back right away, imaged and was told I would not be waiting for results, but would get them through the portal. When I got back to the garage, they were not charging for parking. Normally, for a 10 o'clock appointment, I'd be there until 1130ish. Today I was home by 1130ish and it is an hour ride home.

The less crowded beaches & the Dutch bars
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is just my observation but our local Japanese restaurant seems to busier than it used to be " in the olden days " now that it just has takeout or delivery. They could have opened for inside dining with reduced seating but opted not do. They created an online menu and ordering system that is quick and easy. You go online, place your order and pay by CC. They confirm the order and tell you how long the order will take to be ready. When you are picking up the food you find a table with various orders sitting just inside the door, with your telephone number on it. It is grab and go and seems to be working well.
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm noticing a trend of people having more and more get togethers (indoors and outdoors) and thinking it's fine just because it's with "people they know." I can't understand why people think that makes it safer.

I just got invited to a birthday party for a friend's kid. Absolutely no thank you. lol.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I had dr appts this morning.
    after the appts, we went to breakfast.
    our close friends were sitting in the restaurant and invited us to join them.
    we said no thanks because it is one thing to be together walking or swimming in the pool or sitting at the picnic area having a cocktail...but to be jammed in a booth in a diner...no way!

Quote Originally Posted by B Likes To Travel View Post
    I'm noticing a trend of people having more and more get togethers (indoors and outdoors) and thinking it's fine just because it's with "people they know." I can't understand why people think that makes it safer.

I just got invited to a birthday party for a friend's kid. Absolutely no thank you. lol.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I agree Andrea. We actually had two car shows/cruises on Saturday. We went to the first one by ourselves and brought subs and ate at our car. The second one was one we didn't know about and was close to home. A friend who we had not seen for along time said he was going, so we went. We had planned on going home for dinner, but ended up ordering food and eating by the cars. We spaced out from our friend when we ate at our cars, however; another friend stopped by, unmasked, so we stopped eating to put ours on to talk to him. I know our masks don't really protect us(Stu has an N95 so his does), but I was hoping he'd get the idea to step back a couple feet, but he didn't. We have yet to truly dine out.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I have been going out to dinner 2x a week lately.
    We are sticking with what we know and what is very reliable as far as spacing and cleanliness and mask enforcement.

We have been going most Friday nights to Fords Garage (check their website) it is a very unique place and there are a handful of them in Fla and Michigan.
    Also going to O'Keefe's tavern for our Irish hit on Sunday nights.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We have yet to dine out; not even a take out. I miss it but we’re not there yet. I have been cooking so much more and experimenting a bit. Today it was clam fritters. Hadn’t made them in years and it was a treat.

0 0