This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 8 of 49 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 482

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

  1. #71
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like
    It's come to this already?! We're discussing toilet paper specifications? Lord only knows what we'll be talking about in another week! LOL!


    0 1
     

  2. #72
    Senior Member LisaGrn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Posts
    602
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am as well. I live alone so it's good to be able to go to the office. It would be almost impossible to do my job from home. Real estate transactions are way too paper-based. There are just some things you can't do without physically having everything needed. We successfully got a purchase done for a wonderful family this morning. May be a small thing in the scheme of what is happening in the world, but it's kind of nice to know I helped out one family - from the opposite end of a twelve-foot conference table!

    Quote Originally Posted by phrogg108 View Post
    That it is.

    I am thinking that if I had to work from home right now, I might end up on the "divorced due to COVID-19" list with my husband also at home! LOL!! I am ok with coming to the office!


    0 2
     

  3. #73
    Senior Member phrogg108's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    153
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    I am as well. I live alone so it's good to be able to go to the office. It would be almost impossible to do my job from home. Real estate transactions are way too paper-based. There are just some things you can't do without physically having everything needed. We successfully got a purchase done for a wonderful family this morning. May be a small thing in the scheme of what is happening in the world, but it's kind of nice to know I helped out one family - from the opposite end of a twelve-foot conference table!
    Making dreams come true right now can go a long way for both sides! As long as, like you said, everyone keeps their distance!


    0 0
     

  4. #74
    Senior Member Traceyd14's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Under a palapa on Palm beach
    Posts
    4,611
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well our governor in Virginia just ordered schools closed until the end of the school year. I don't know what's going to happen with all of my end of year annual reports and tasks, so I'm in a holding pattern working from home till who knows when.

    I'm kind of happy that my husband is considered an essential service. His office in Maryland and the governor there shut down all non essential businesses today. I'm sure we would go crazy both being at home all day every day.
    0 0
     

  5. #75
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    We had the first death from the virus in our neighborhood. An 87 year old man with existing respiratory issues. Also kids from the local elementary school on lockdown as a teacher tested positive. It’s getting closer and it’s a bit unnerving but we are following the guidelines. Tomorrow (hopefully) is our pre-scheduled grocery delivery with instruction to the delivery person to leave on the porch. We had talked about getting take out but at this point I think we’ll pass.

    Yesterday I texted a long time friend (60+ years) who lives in North Carolina. She was sewing masks for the hospital. A member of their church tested positive after attending service and going to a church meeting. Fortunately no one else has gotten sick and they have all been self isolating

    1 0
     

  6. #76
    Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2018
    Posts
    46
    Post Thanks / Like
    I live in NH but work in Boston. In my area the local gym and hair salon are still open for business. This infuriates me. Schools and library are closed. So parents will go to the gym or have their hair done and then potentially bring the virus home to their families. What don't people understand? Time to stop being selfish and think about their community instead of trying to put a spin on the situation. We are here for you attitude when it's only about money in their pockets. Yes, I understand people need to make a living during this challenging time but this is a PANDEMIC that will continue if everyone does not make an effort. As a nurse I go to work then go home. Repeat. Hopefully, after caring for ill patients all day I am not a carrier hence I remove myself from the community. My husband will do a grocery run when needed. Hopefully we will have PPE left to care for these self-centered individuals. Rant over.
    0 2
     

  7. #77
    Aruba since 1979
    Moderator
    Andrea J.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    35,907
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have neighbors.......actually live on the next block.
    They are Brits.
    He is a kind wonderful man. She is not so kind or wonderful.
    They are snowbirds and spend from Jan thru June here every year.
    They sold their house here and are leaving on Saturday (don't let the gate hit you on the bum on the way out)
    They are having a "moving sale" today..........inside their house.

    Seriously, people jamming into their house definitely spreading germs.

    The funny (not so funny thing) is a friend bought this house AND bought the house and ALL contents.
    That friend is in MA.

    Stupid Stupid Stupid......what part of social distancing do people do not understand?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 1
     

  8. #78
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Was excited to finally get our grocery delivery today. Then the call came. No they did not cancel just wanted to let me know the products they didn’t have in stock. I expected them to be out of flour and toilet paper and they were. Here’s a list of everything else they didn’t have:
    deli ham
    rye bread
    black beans
    Pork tenderloin
    chicken
    sausage
    pot roast
    Fritos
    plus at least 8 substitutions for other products. So... I was on a mission to find something on line so I wouldn’t have to go out. Ended up ordering smoked meats from Nueske with a very hefty overnight shipping charge. Sigh!

    Now that I’m done complaining I know I am fortunate to even be able to get a delivery. The store employee said it was best to come into the store at 7:00 am as they stock the night before.

    In other news, Boston has extended the closure of public schools until at least May 4th.
    Last edited by Pegmeister; 03-25-2020 at 03:27 PM.

    0 0
     

  9. #79
    Senior Member Aruba4ever's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    4,672
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dont forget about Omaha Steaks....they are currently running free delivery by the 31st which is not too bad at all IMO.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Was excited to finally get our grocery delivery today. Then the call came. No they did not cancel just wanted to let me know the products they didn’t have in stock. I expected them to be out of flour and toilet paper and they were. Here’s a list of everything else they didn’t have:
    deli ham
    rye bread
    black beans
    Pork tenderloin
    chicken
    sausage
    pot roast
    Fritos
    plus at least 8 substitutions for other products. So... I was on a mission to find something on line so I wouldn’t have to go out. Ended up ordering smoked meats from Nueske with a very hefty overnight shipping charge. Sigh!

    Now that I’m done complaining I know I am fortunate to even be able to get a delivery. The store employee said it was best to come into the store at 7:00 am as they stock the night before.

    In other news, Boston has extended the closure of public schools until at least May 4th.

  10. #80
    Senior Member Pegmeister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Any beach!!
    Posts
    6,178
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Dont forget about Omaha Steaks....they are currently running free delivery by the 31st which is not too bad at all IMO.
    I’ll check that out. Thanks!

    0 1
     

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •