This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 80 of 125 FirstFirst ... 3070787980818290 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    So irresponsible. I just don't understand what some people are thinking. Do they believe it's all a joke?!
    I arrived on Cape Cod yesterday and so far I'm impressed how people are being with wearing masks.

You certainly have a nice weekend to start your Cape vacation. Enjoy!!

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    can you create an off topic "My Cape Cod Vacation"

have a wonderful trip.

please have a clam roll for me!!

watch out for the great white sharks.

Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    So irresponsible. I just don't understand what some people are thinking. Do they believe it's all a joke?!
    I arrived on Cape Cod yesterday and so far I'm impressed how people are being with wearing masks.

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey, Andrea, sorry for slow rep!y. I was on the beach! LOL!
    Happy to do a non-Aruba trip report!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Up at 5:00 am to find that we have NO WATER. I assume there is a main break as I can see a huge puddle in front of the house a few doors down. I was about to call the water department when I saw a guy walking down the street with a flashlight and he confirmed my fear. Tom worked for the water department for 43 years so I can’t complain that it seems to be taking forever to get someone here because he knows everyone. As we’re getting the scoop from one of the workers another truck comes down the street. Then I hear a loud clunk and thud. The truck has dropped into the hole. It will take a tow truck to get him out. Guess he’s having a worse day than me.

Not one of them wearing masks.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    Up at 5:00 am to find that we have NO WATER. I assume there is a main break as I can see a huge puddle in front of the house a few doors down. I was about to call the water department when I saw a guy walking down the street with a flashlight and he confirmed my fear. Tom worked for the water department for 43 years so I can’t complain that it seems to be taking forever to get someone here because he knows everyone. As we’re getting the scoop from one of the workers another truck comes down the street. Then I hear a loud clunk and thud. The truck has dropped into the hole. It will take a tow truck to get him out. Guess he’s having a worse day than me.

I am so sorry to hear that you have no water. That, IMO, is worse than having no electric. Do they have an ETA of when you will have your water back?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    uggg a real nuisance.
    it was wrong when I laughed about the truck going into the hole right?

I hope it is repaired soon.

bottled water for Tom's coffee?

November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    I am so sorry to hear that you have no water. That, IMO, is worse than having no electric. Do they have an ETA of when you will have your water back?

Unfortunately, no ETA. I am trying so hard not to be witchy (capital B). I would rather be without electric for a week than an hour or two without water.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    uggg a real nuisance.
    it was wrong when I laughed about the truck going into the hole right?

I hope it is repaired soon.

bottled water for Tom's coffee?
    It was totally ok that you laughed. We were talking to one of the workers at the time. She’s a friend of Tom’s. Not only did she bust out laughing but she started calling everyone to tell on him. Then she took pictures to send to everyone. When the back hoe got here they lifted up the back end so he could get out.

As for Tom’s coffee, I melted ice cubes in the microwave before putting it in the kettle. Not a bottle of water in the house. I had planned on making a shrimp scampi pizza for lunch. Guess I’ll have to drink wine with it.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    It was totally ok that you laughed. We were talking to one of the workers at the time. She’s a friend of Tom’s. Not only did she bust out laughing but she started calling everyone to tell on him. Then she took pictures to send to everyone. When the back hoe got here they lifted up the back end so he could get out.

As for Tom’s coffee, I melted ice cubes in the microwave before putting it in the kettle. Not a bottle of water in the house. I had planned on making a shrimp scampi pizza for lunch. Guess I’ll have to drink wine with it.
    The guy is lucky he wasn't hurt.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fortunately he was driving quite slow. There were cones out so he obviously wasn’t paying attention. We were lucky as they finished up around 10:30 so it wasn’t too bad. Tom got a chance to talk to some of the guys he hadn’t seen in a few years. Socially distanced and wearing a mask of course.

0 1