This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 82 of 92 FirstFirst ... 32728081828384 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    In my son's county they have several choices, in class room, virtual live and just virtual.
    The student still have to wear the uniform (polo shirts while on live learning...and follow all the school codes)
    They started Aug 31 (the last date to start or lose all state fundings)
    At the end of each class all desk and area's must be cleaned.
    All ready a few schools in other counties are closed due to many testing positive or in contact with someone.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Agree with Walt.
    NO POLITICS PLEASE.

We sent you an official warning and I am deleting the posting.

Thank you
    Quote Originally Posted by Mohair View Post
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-10-2020 at 11:32 PM.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Senior Member B Likes To Travel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I know folks with kids in day care (they are back in day care) while school aged kids are virtual. Go figure.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    We have a soccer field just on the other side of our fence out back.
    I miss hearing the kids.
    Our schools are open.
    Per the news our schools have 30% face to face and the rest virtual.
    They have put out the word looking for virtual helpers for the kids.

On a different note we went to dinner a group of 8 (our water walking group)
    First time sine March we have done a group adventure.
    We went to Maggianos in Tampa. Celebrated 2 birthdays!!

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    In my son's county they have several choices, in class room, virtual live and just virtual.
    The student still have to wear the uniform (polo shirts while on live learning...and follow all the school codes)
    They started Aug 31 (the last date to start or lose all state fundings)
    At the end of each class all desk and area's must be cleaned.
    All ready a few schools in other counties are closed due to many testing positive or in contact with someone.
    It's interesting that they have to wear their uniform online. One of my friends who is still teaching(4th grade) said she is requiring the kids not to be in their bed because last year she had one girl fall asleep. Someone said they just can't wear pjs, but I don't know if it is true or not.

Post Thanks / Like
    Some districts here are requiring teachers and aides to work from their classrooms, some are requiring them to work from home and others are giving the teachers the option to be either in the classroom or home-it doesn't matter as long they are doing what they are supposed to do. Our district it is a choice, however, they are encouraging teachers to have two meetings a day with kids-one regular time and one evening. If they opt do evenings it is surely from home and they can be offline in the afternoon if they do evening meetings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Let's get away from the US politics.

I have a question. Now that the US schools are back in session, what did your local district do?

Here they were going to do one day a week for half the kids and then another day for half, meaning 4 virtual days. The board meeting virtually rejected it. Then it went to Mon./Tues for first group, Wed.off, Thurs/Fri. days for a second group-3 virtual days for each kid. When one group is at school the kids at home would have no support because the teacher would be teaching in the classroom.

Then the governor allowed virtual as an option and parents were given a choice of two days and 3 virtual or all virtual(a teacher would be available all the time and teach online). Parents made their choices. T

Then at the county superintendent's meeting with superintendents from all the school districts met and spoke with medical personnel. All but one small district in our county went virtual till "Oct. 13". Districts are also having issues getting PPE, cleaning supplies, etc. and staffing issues. (IMO that will never happen. My guess is they will be virtual until at least spring). Private school-here it is Christian or Catholic schools-are open in person for now.
    Here its every district for themselves, most are doing some sort of blended learning depending on the age groups. The younger kids are in class and the older ones are going back and forth.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Daytona Beach area, they are encouraging to continue with bike week
    But no outside vendors,
    Bars can open up with 50% cap.. some of the "private" owners are scared, many of their employees are gone,
    Drove down on A1A beach side and so many businesses are close. These are mainly mom's and pop's places.. very sad and pray for them that they can get back on their feet soon. (I will not complain about work... at least I have work and plenty of overtime hours, and making money to pay our bills)
    We visit this very cute Mom's place every Thursday night.. food is always fresh, waitress knows exactly what we want, to the kind of soup we like.
    only thing I don't like is the employees do not have to wear mask; it is up to them.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    This morning I read that if they start back two days a week per group it would be a half day schedule and kids would be sent home with bagged lunch. Teachers will be instructing online in the afternoon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Laconia Bike Week was held the end of August. It’s normally held in June but was rescheduled For August. It’s normally crazy busy but this year the videos I saw showed it as a rather low key event. The only vendors were next to the official tent. You would normally see vendors and bikes completely lining both sides of Weirs Blvd. I didn’t hear of any incidents being reported. Hopefully Daytona will be low key as well.

Quote Originally Posted by brady bear View Post
    Here in Daytona Beach area, they are encouraging to continue with bike week
    But no outside vendors,
    Bars can open up with 50% cap.. some of the "private" owners are scared, many of their employees are gone,
    Drove down on A1A beach side and so many businesses are close. These are mainly mom's and pop's places.. very sad and pray for them that they can get back on their feet soon. (I will not complain about work... at least I have work and plenty of overtime hours, and making money to pay our bills)
    We visit this very cute Mom's place every Thursday night.. food is always fresh, waitress knows exactly what we want, to the kind of soup we like.
    only thing I don't like is the employees do not have to wear mask; it is up to them.

0 0