This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 83 of 95 FirstFirst ... 3373818283848593 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    NH has done a great job! Closed up and then reopened slowly. Reopening guidelines were developed in conjunction with those directly involved in each area. Schools were issued guidelines but it was up to each local district. For example there are areas of the state with 0- 4 active cases on any given day....versus areas that have more.
    6 NH cases of the virus are tied to attendance at Sturgis
    1 NH case reported as a result of Laconia Bike Week

Overall numbers are creeping up, slowly, but headed up now that some colleges decided to reopen...reported today I believe that 80% of the cases at UNH are asymptomatic....that is bound to cause an issue in the Durham area. People don't know they are sick and are out and about.
    0 1

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    There was a wedding held someplace in Maine about a month ago.
    It apparently made the local news there as there were no Covid protocols followed.
    About 2 or 3 weeks later numerous guests from that wedding were Covid +.
    Then it made national news. https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...-maine-wedding
    One of those wedding guests is Covid + and is employed at a nursing home in Madison Maine as a physical therapist.
    My niece's grandmother was a patient there for rehab for hip replacement. (My sister in Law's Mom)

She was diagnosed last week with Covid.
    She died this morning.
    Alone. Isolated.

There are no words.
    Last edited by Andrea J.; 09-11-2020 at 06:04 PM.

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    There was a wedding held someplace in Maine about a month ago.
    It apparently made the local news there as there were no Covid protocols followed.
    About 2 or 3 weeks later numerous guests from that wedding were Covid +.
    Then it made national news. https://www.boston.com/news/coronavi...-maine-wedding
    One of those wedding guests is Covid + and is employed at a nursing home in Madison Maine as a physical therapist.
    My niece's grandmother was a patient there for rehab for hip replacement. (My sister in Law's Mom)

She was diagnosed last week with Covid.
    She died this morning.
    Alone. Isolated.

There are no words.

People just don’t seem to comprehend that their actions can jeopardize someone else’s life. Sorry to hear about your niece’s grandmother!

That wedding reception in Maine has been all over the news here. Over 100 guests positive and 3 who have died. Who should be held responsible? Seems like no one. Here in Quincy a popular wedding reception venue was fined $300 when they allowed the guests indoors because it started to rain.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    $300 is not a fine.
    it should have been steeper.

we are sitting here watching the news, enjoying some riesling and they are interviewing people who still believe that covid is a hoax.
    I believe I need some hard liquor.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    People just don’t seem to comprehend that their actions can jeopardize someone else’s life. Sorry to hear about your niece’s grandmother!

That wedding reception in Maine has been all over the news here. Over 100 guests positive and 3 who have died. Who should be held responsible? Seems like no one. Here in Quincy a popular wedding reception venue was fined $300 when they allowed the guests indoors because it started to rain.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    ... we are having margaritas from our new, really awesome blender. It takes every bit of my being to be able to watch more than the weather on the local news, I haven't watched the national news in months. It seems as though all they want to do is report on and interview morons.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I believe that you have to tell us all about that blender and how it can make margaritas AND soup.
    I saw that Pam had it posted on FB!

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    ... we are having margaritas from our new, really awesome blender. It takes every bit of my being to be able to watch more than the weather on the local news, I haven't watched the national news in months. It seems as though all they want to do is report on and interview morons.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    $300 is not a fine.
    it should have been steeper.

we are sitting here watching the news, enjoying some riesling and they are interviewing people who still believe that covid is a hoax.
    I believe I need some hard liquor.
    I thought $300 was pretty light as well. In fairness to them though, they had spread the guests out into 2 or 3 rooms and thought they were following the rules.

Also in the news tonight, the town of Dedham is asking all its residents to get tested. It seems that there were a couple of parties involving high schoolers and they have had a huge spike.

I got a wine.com delivery today with some really nice Barbera, maybe I should be cracking open a bottle!

0 2

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    WHY are people being so STUPID?

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I thought $300 was pretty light as well. In fairness to them though, they had spread the guests out into 2 or 3 rooms and thought they were following the rules.

Also in the news tonight, the town of Dedham is asking all its residents to get tested. It seems that there were a couple of parties involving high schoolers and they have had a huge spike.

I got a wine.com delivery today with some really nice Barbera, maybe I should be cracking open a bottle!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    WHY are people being so STUPID?

I really wish I knew.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am sorry to hear about your niece's grandmother. My doctor told me about that wedding.

People are stupid. On the news last night there was a story about police talking to college students having a party of about 20 people. There was a short video, maybe from an officer's body cam of them talking with a male college student. The student acknowledges he test positive about 7 days earlier. He also know he has to quarantine and cannot go out, but goes on to say that is why everyone is over-because he can't go out. He really doesn't understand what quarantine is all about, does he?