This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 85 of 92 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    give it a chance, it will feel good after a bit of time.
    sitting outside is even better.

we have gone out a few times ..... we scope it out and if we like the spacing and eveything that goes with it, we stay.
    [QUOTE=Pegmeister;365651]That’s what I’m afraid of; we’ll get there and won’t feel comfortable. I thought when we asked the doctor and she said okay I would feel more confident going. Guess we’ll have to see how it goes
    .[/ Originally Posted by LisaGrnI went out for an early dinner with a friend I haven't see since February tonight. First time for me. We sat outside. Have to admit, while it was good to see her, I wasn't comfortable. I thought I was ready...

​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The original plan was to eat outside BUT we want to play keno. It’s part of the experience and there are no TVs on the deck.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Please go, Peg. I think part of why I was uncomfortable was because she's a casual friend and I don't really know how careful she's been during all this. You know what Tom's been doing! LOL!! Those fried clams are calling your names!

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    That’s what I’m afraid of; we’ll get there and won’t feel comfortable. I thought when we asked the doctor and she said okay I would feel more confident going. Guess we’ll have to see how it goes.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaGrn View Post
    Please go, Peg. I think part of why I was uncomfortable was because she's a casual friend and I don't really know how careful she's been during all this. You know what Tom's been doing! LOL!! Those fried clams are calling your names!

That makes sense and we won’t be sitting with anyone else. The bartender is a friend and I know she has been careful because she’s also looking in on her 93 year old father. They have just 3 hightops set up in the bar area so they will be spaced more than 6 feet apart. Who would ever believe we would be putting so much thought into whether or not to go out and do something that was part of our routine for years.

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Who would ever believe we would be putting so much thought into whether or not to go out and do something that was part of our routine for years.
    I think this on a regular basis - should we do this? Should we go here - should we be around people that we don't know what they have been doing? It's constant added stress over things as small as going to the grocery store or to celebrate events with family.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    I think this on a regular basis - should we do this? Should we go here - should we be around people that we don't know what they have been doing? It's constant added stress over things as small as going to the grocery store or to celebrate events with family.
    If I can get it delivered, whether groceries, wine, clothes, prescriptions etc etc that is what I’ve been doing. We have only visited family when his sister or niece have stopped by for a curbside visit. So yes, I’m starting to feel like I am totally paranoid. The thought of going through winter and months more of self isolation is a bit much.

It helps to hear other people’s thoughts and it weighs into our decision. I really appreciate all the responses.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Here in Quincy there were zero new cases today and just one yesterday. The governor announced that starting Monday they will allow sitting at the bar for food service starting the 28th. We’re planning on going to our local spot this Friday before that all starts up. It will be our first time dining out since March. The bartender promised to save us one of the high tops that they have in the bar area. I’m feeling a little anxious but figure get out now while the numbers are low locally as we don’t know what winter will be like. Also plan to get there early when there’s less apt to be many people. I don’t see us going back to our weekly routine quite yet though. How many of you are actually eating out? Or just doing take out?
    We go for happy hour every Wednesday and breakfast a couple of Sundays a month at our favorite place. We always sit at one of 2 high tops in the bar area. We are in a corner next to the merchandise area about 8 feet from the bar and 10 feet from the other high top. Everyone is good about wearing masks when needed and keeping their distance. We feel very comfortable and it's the same group of regulars every time we are there now that the tourists are gone.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am so glad we got to go out for lunch today. Finally had our fried clams! We felt comfortable. There were just 3 high tops around the bar so there was a good amount of space between parties. Everyone who came in had on their masks. Only one awkward moment when a “friend” came in who always likes to greet me with a kiss and Tom was quick to hold out his arm to stop him. Kind of funny and kind of what was that person thinking.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Corona Virus effects in your hometown.-f3c9af9e-fe33-4f48-bd07-6c3cd2ba9db9-jpg  

0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you got to get out for a bit, and those clams look delish!

Post Thanks / Like
    The clams were beyond awesome!

0 1