This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 88 of 108 FirstFirst ... 3878868788899098 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    well that will be some real contact tracing process.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    And now the president and first lady have tested positive.
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My corona world is somewhat crazy at this time. Within 24 hours the following has happened. First I get an email from a parent of one of the players on the freshman team (I am the varsity coach) saying his younger brother is currently under the weather and awaiting covid testing results. If the freshman player gets it they will quarantine my entire freshman team is my guess. My JV coaches co-teacher just got tested as he was not doing well and we are awaiting those test. If that's positive my JV coach will be in quarantine for 14 days. The Asst principal at my school has been out last 3 days....we are all wondering. I had one student who fell ill and they removed her from in person schooling and the rumor is she has covid. And this is all within the last day! The town next to ours just went back to full remote learning after 2 teachers and a couple of students fell ill.
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 10-02-2020 at 09:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    My corona world is somewhat crazy at this time. Within 24 hours the following has happened. First I get an email from a parent of one of the players on the freshman team (I am the varsity coach) saying his younger brother is currently under the weather and awaiting covid testing results. If the freshman player gets it they will quarantine my entire freshman team is my guess. My JV coaches co-teacher just got tested as he was not doing well and we are awaiting those test. If that's positive my JV coach will be in quarantine for 14 days. The Asst principal at my school has been out last 3 days....we are all wondering. I had one student who fell ill and they removed her from in person schooling and the rumor is she has covid. And this is all within the last day! The town next to ours just went back to full remote learning after 2 teachers and a couple of students fell ill.
    Praying things improve, Jay and that you and your family are safe. Do you teach live in the town where you teach? Is CJ remote? Our schools have been remote, but are supposed to go to the hybrid model on Oct. 13, except for those who opted for all remote. The hybrid is two 1/2 days for each of the two cohorts. The 1/2 day are to eliminate the students from removing mask to eat lunch.

Post Thanks / Like
    The kids here are starting back to F2F learning. K, 1, 2 started this week, 3-9 start next week. High school should start soon after. My grandson is in third grade, he needs the social interaction of being with other kids and the face time with the teachers. And they're having recess and PE outside, socially distanced with no masks. So I think at least for him things are starting to get back to normal.
    Last edited by WaltVB; 10-02-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    wow stay safe

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    November 26 - December 10 Photos https://photos.app.goo.gl/K6JFHPUx18oB69Nh7
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Jay stay safe.
    My son's school isn't requiring anyone to be quarantine if one tests positive as long as they are asymptomatic. Very sad.
    He does live on line and face to face at the same time Very challenging esp with ESE kids.. feels those kids are getting left out.
    Here in Florida we are in phase 3. Restaurants open at 100% cap. We went to dinner last night, and people sitting at the bar, drinking
    plastic sheet (looked like a clear shower curtain) we sat way in a corner. Felt more comfortable in Aruba.
    A local nursing home had had 96 positive cases.. 36 employees and 60 residents. WTH!!
    Just found out my "unit" lost 6 residents (natural cause ..not cause they were never tested) and their roommates have tested positive
    Now I must get a rapid nasal covid test when I get there.. and every Monday
    Want to go back to my previous home.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I’m surprised that Florida is at 100% capacity with their restaurants. Massachusetts is allowing seating at the bar with food service and appropriate space between seating. Today we went back to our local spot and they have opted to keep the high tops set up against the bar. We like the set up as it keeps a nice distance between everyone but still allows them seating at the bar. As the numbers are rising in our area we’re not sure we’ll be getting out to dine again for a bit. It’s a numbers game.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We haven't dined out yet. We may be driving a bride and groom for their wedding on Oct. 31. If so, hubby wants to dine out so we won't be trying to come home with the throngs of Trick-or-Treaters that converge on our neighborhood in cars that line the streets and because we don't have sidewalks walk in the streets.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We haven't dined out yet. We may be driving a bride and groom for their wedding on Oct. 31. If so, hubby wants to dine out so we won't be trying to come home with the throngs of Trick-or-Treaters that converge on our neighborhood in cars that line the streets and because we don't have sidewalks walk in the streets.
    We have been pretty comfortable with our dine out situation but there is still a certain amount of anxiety. Do you think they will have trick or treat in your neighborhood? I kind of hope they will cancel it here as it seems like an unnecessary risk.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We dont live in the same town I teach in thanfully. CJ is hybrid but we send him to a "learning center" to assist him on the virtual days as he is not a truly independent learner yet.

Just got a bit closer again....my JV coach is also a science teacher at the HS, he was sent home today after one of his students fell ill and showed covid symptoms. It would not be so bad if she was wearing a mask properly but she is a special needs student who never had it above her nose....was melting down most of the class crying as well. The closed his room for cleaning. He is NOT allowed to coach my JV soccer team till at least Monday. If the student tests positive I expect my coach to have to quarantine for 14 days or until he is tested and its neg.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    Praying things improve, Jay and that you and your family are safe. Do you teach live in the town where you teach? Is CJ remote? Our schools have been remote, but are supposed to go to the hybrid model on Oct. 13, except for those who opted for all remote. The hybrid is two 1/2 days for each of the two cohorts. The 1/2 day are to eliminate the students from removing mask to eat lunch.