This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 94 of 108 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104 ... LastLast

Thread: Corona Virus effects in your hometown.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    He is an idiot!!!!!!!! And yes, the schools are a big part of it IMO>
    You are really having it bad there. Are your schools open full time? Is there any remote learning?

Our district went back Oct. 13, however; there are two cohorts-group one goes half days on Mon/Tue and group two on Thurs/Fri, but about 40% opted for all remote.

Post Thanks / Like
    I can’t imagine what it will be like after the holidays as people are bound to still have family gatherings. We have decided that we will keep our holidays quiet, just the two of us at home. It will be strange to not see family.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    our son, dil and the kids are coming for 11 days at christmas.
    they have been doing well at school with mask wearing and distancing.
    it will be a different kind of time here for them.
    usually we are in and out of the cars heading to Disney or Seaworld or other very packed touristy places.
    this year, we will spend much time (weather permitting) in the pool and doing some fishing here in our retention ponds.
    we took a ride over to Tampa zoo at lowery park to check out how crowded they have been and how well they are handling the distancing stuff.
    they are doing a great job, so the zoo will be on our list of things to do.
    we also are booked for an airboat ride, just the 6 of us.
    fingers crossed that the weather is warm for Christmas and we can spend much time outdoors.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    The only people here this Thanksgiving will the 5 of us. I don't think people will be traveling much. The kids just found out that United cancelled all their flights out of Philly to Chicago on their return day and rebooked everyone on to one of only two flights they decided to run, so now they will have to leave a few hours earlier.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's fantastic, Andrea! Know how much you've been missing your boys!!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    A COVID testing site has opened at Boston’s Logan airport. Initially it will be for testing airport and airline employees. Then around mid November it will be used for travelers. The site will offer 3 different tests including a rapid test that gives results in 15 minutes

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Since Volusia County is above 5% rate; we must test again weekly.
    These covid test are done on site and sent out. Each test cost $100.00 per person.
    This is costing the owner of my company $$ she owns 10 homes.
    If you miss the weekly test, you must get a rapid test on site (usually I have to do it)
    Too think the labs are making a killer on them and the results are back sooner.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We are a hybrid- I teach live on Monday and Tuesday- then Weds- Friday I teach online. Its a lot of fun, lol. Not really....

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    You are really having it bad there. Are your schools open full time? Is there any remote learning?

Our district went back Oct. 13, however; there are two cohorts-group one goes half days on Mon/Tue and group two on Thurs/Fri, but about 40% opted for all remote.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    We are a hybrid- I teach live on Monday and Tuesday- then Weds- Friday I teach online. Its a lot of fun, lol. Not really....
    I know remote learning isn't great, especially long term. However, I wish we had it about 10 years ago when we had so many snow/ice days that we almost had to go to school on Saturdays-we did not have a full week of school for over a month(days off, late opening, early dismissals-lots of kids out). Remote learning would have been great for those days.

How many days a week are you coaching or having games?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    I can’t imagine what it will be like after the holidays as people are bound to still have family gatherings. We have decided that we will keep our holidays quiet, just the two of us at home. It will be strange to not see family.

We are doing the same! Just declined my cousin’s house for large Thanksgiving gathering. So it will be just the two of us too. We are very cautious and my cousins say they are over it. Some people think they are COVID exempt! It will definitely be strange not seeing family. Cases are really spiking in NJ & and also NY & CT. Scary.
    0 1