This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like

Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Is airborne.

The concern at the point is is you have traveled to or from China.

Continue to take your usual precautions when traveling to Aruba by plane.....wipe down your seating area and seat back tray.......if you are sick, do not go on a plane as that could spread any contagions. Try to avoid using the seat back pocket. It is rarely cleaned properly.

There are NO travel bans for North America, Europe and Aruba re: Corona Virus.

https://thepointsguy.com/news/face-m...ate=2020-01-28
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It's scary. People are contagious before they are symptomatic. Our older son flew to SF on Monday, and if all goes as planned, he will then go to NY on Thursday then back to SF on Friday and back home to the Windy City on Saturday. It worries me that he will spend so much time on planes and to two cities where so many planes come in from China.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its getting closer to home...a friend just told me that URI has closed because of concern one of their students could have the illness. I can't confirm the story as I have not seen it on the news but it happened late today according to my friend.

Post Thanks / Like
    On the news this morning there are two suspected cases in NH. It is scary. We’re headed to Vegas next week. The Venetian where we are staying does a big Chinese New Year celebration and there are always many Asian visitors. I’m curious what the impact on the crowds will be as there are so many quarantines in China.

I would be much more comfortable vacationing in Aruba!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I would agree I would always rather be in Aruba. That said there is a HUGE Asian group in Aruba....they own a ton of the little stores around the island. I did not worry about Sars or any of the other health "scares" but I will be honest the way China has reacted I am guessing there are many more ill people than has been reported and at this moment I am at least somewhat concerned. These new potential cases springing up with a short drive of Boston is not overly reassuring. Praying this all blows over quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    On the news this morning there are two suspected cases in NH. It is scary. We’re headed to Vegas next week. The Venetian where we are staying does a big Chinese New Year celebration and there are always many Asian visitors. I’m curious what the impact on the crowds will be as there are so many quarantines in China.

I would be much more comfortable vacationing in Aruba!
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 01-28-2020 at 09:53 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

2 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Good article. I do think they are doing their best to contain it. They have been screening at Logan Airport. We live in a neighborhood that has had a huge influx of Asians moving in; most of whom are from China. We have about a 40% Asian population in our area. Some of the people we know travel back and forth to China fairly regularly, especially at New Years so it is something we all think about.

0 3

Post Thanks / Like
    I do like this article, thanks. I am not someone who usually thinks twice about world health scares as I think 99% are way overblown...this one caught my attention and gave me some concern but articles like this are nice to see.

Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I do like this article, thanks. I am not someone who usually thinks twice about world health scares as I think 99% are way overblown...this one caught my attention and gave me some concern but articles like this are nice to see.
    For me, I think I tend to overreact as since Tom has had his transplant, he is on immunosuppressants which means he is more susceptible than most. The thing is giving the demographics in our area we probably have more exposure than most. We just have to live our lives and take it as we may. As Tom says when we are born we all have a number.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Pegmeister View Post
    For me, I think I tend to overreact as since Tom has had his transplant, he is on immunosuppressants which means he is more susceptible than most. The thing is giving the demographics in our area we probably have more exposure than most. We just have to live our lives and take it as we may. As Tom says when we are born we all have a number.
    I understand the fear with transplants-hubby had two kidney transplants and takes the same types of meds.