This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 19 of 27 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am trying not to worry about our Aruba trip, but since travel to Europe has been suspended and I am nervous.
    We are about 48 days out. Big sigh.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally believe its already on the island or will get here imminently. Not to be negative, I usually am not, but the hardest hit area in the US is precisely the area where the majority of our visitors come from, the North East. Given the lack of testing(they are still not testing), there is no way to know how far its spread within the community already, like we do know with other countries. There has been tests done in Aruba already, but came back negative as of today. But I feel its around the corner or already eating off my kitchen table and I just don't know it yet I'm young and healthy, but Aruba has a huge number of elderly people and people with underlying conditions like diabetes and cardiovascular issues.
    1 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Just a point of clarity, what President Trump said about restricting travel to/from Europe and what the Presidential Proclamation (PP) says differ. The PP restricts travel to certain people who have been to a Schengen country in the 14 days prior to their attempted arrival in the US. Further, this ban does not apply to US Citizens, Green Card holders, their immediate relatives and a variety of other category of immigrants and nonimmigrants. The PP is not a sweeping ban of travel to/from Europe.

I'm sure the details will be clarified in the morning, but I believe the PP is what will control.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I worry about going home. I worry about my EMT son. Yes he only does hospital discharges transport via ambulance, but he is still in homes and hospitals.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Pence said that #45 intended to say United Kingdom and Ireland were not part of the Europe travel restrictions.
    It is confusing at best.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Just chatted with the group. We are all still hoping we can go next Sunday, but are waiting and see how things shake out with the virus. I wish I could book and go today, but I've still got too much to wrap up at work.

On a lighter note, my new cooler bag and a few polo shirts that I bought for my Aruba trip arrived today. It is always fun getting packages.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Boston Marathon just cancelled. May be rescheduled for a later date.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I just read an article on Bloomberg news that compared MA to Italy two weeks ago. That type of comparison does not make me feel good at all. I am expecting schools to be canceled as of Monday and felt that way prior to reading that story- but I could be mistaken.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    I just read an article on Bloomberg news that compared MA to Italy two weeks ago. That type of comparison does not make me feel good at all. I am expecting schools to be canceled as of Monday and felt that way prior to reading that story- but I could be mistaken.
    That comparison is also not even conservative. We only know the amount of cases in Italy because they've been testing people. But in the US, testing is still not being done, weeks late.. The real situation will be already far worse than what those limited numbers show. The Netherlands btw is also following the exact same new case growth line as Italy relative to its population. Aruba is in the firing line we could say because of this.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    One of our neighboring school districts closed today for at least a week. My school division has made Monday a student holiday to train all staff to be prepared for online teaching and planning. Our district already has laptops for every high school student and mifi hotspots for families who cannot afford internet at home. This is unprecedented.
    0 0