This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    The school district I teach in just closed till the 20th at the earliest.
    Are teachers going in and preparing for online learning? That's what they are doing here. Spring sports being indefinitely postponed.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ArubaAce View Post
    Some cruise lines are offering shipboard credit if you don't cancel your cruise but Princess & Viking Cruises announced cancelling some cruises. I have a cruise booked on Norwegian Cruises for May to Bermuda. My company ordered all employees from NYC, NJ and Berkshire offices to work from home as well as Bethlehem PA.
    Ace you should call and see if there are any upgrades to The Haven area of the ship. Our friends got a ridiculously low price to upgrade.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Disney land and Disney World both announces closings.

0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    Paul and I have heard that we will be “ostracized when we get home tomorrow.
    I got a few messages from friends that say people are outraged that a number of us have been on
    cruises
    mexico
    europe
    and coming home within last few days thru the weekend
    we may be in exile.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    And over 30 people from
    my community work at Disney and LEGO land
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    The email/directive from our union head that I received on my personal email was for us to create basic things for our students to do over the next week at home. We are expected to make up these days...that said most of us are going to to grab stuff in case its a longer time we are out and we can actually provide real lessons. I have been told we have received a number of emails from our principal but I won't login and read school emails from home...I try to separate the two regardless of what is happening in the world. When I get up in the morning I will read your emails.

Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Are teachers going in and preparing for online learning? That's what they are doing here. Spring sports being indefinitely postponed.

Post Thanks / Like
    All of the schools here in Dayton are closing for 3 weeks they're saying.

We are still planning to go on our Aruba trip on the 21st unless American cancels the flights. The homepage here says that Aruba has no suspected or confirmed cases and is still welcoming visitors, so as of 11:10pm on Thursday, March 12th, we are still gonna go. Since the news seems to change literally by the minute, who knows what will happen when I wake up tomorrow.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    Paul and I have heard that we will be “ostracized when we get home tomorrow.
    I got a few messages from friends that say people are outraged that a number of us have been on
    cruises
    mexico
    europe
    and coming home within last few days thru the weekend
    we may be in exile.
    Sad to hear that news!! People are just so anxious about everything right now. It will wear off I’m sure.

We were at our local spot for lunch this week, talking with a friend who just got back from a few days at Encore Boston Harbor. Then tonight on the news I heard that a visitor at Encore tested positive. Turns out it was the Jazz player that was in Boston for the Celtics game. I found myself looking for the date he was there! The thing is all we can do is take precautions!

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Traceyd14 View Post
    Ace you should call and see if there are any upgrades to The Haven area of the ship. Our friends got a ridiculously low price to upgrade.
    I have a studio cabin as I'm going solo so I'm fine but thx. I'm somewhat surprised that there are still available cabins as the cruise to Bermuda is very popular and sells our. BUT given the circumstances I guess people are not booking or cancelling.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Wow - I think Aruba is one of the safest places to take a vacation these days. It continues to be one truly happy (and safe) island!
    0 0