This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by hatteras View Post
    I just read on a cruise forum that there was a doctor in China that predicted this back in December ( a whistle blower ) and was silenced. There are also reports that he just died of the virus ( caught from patients), but I haven't vetted this information.
    Not trying to start a panic, but this seems to be a pretty honest report...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/chinese-doctor-who-issued-early-warning-on-virus-dies/ar-BBZJrw6?li=BBnb7Kz

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Some of you know that I am a frequent cruiser. I just received a notice from Princess Cruises this afternoon. Diamond Princess is currently in Japan, and their cruise was supposed to end on Feb. 4. 273 were recently tested, after showing symptoms. Of those 273, 31 results came back. Of the 31 results, 10 tested positive. All passengers have now been quantined to their cabins for at least two weeks. My first thought was wondering if most people had enough medicine to last them two more weeks, or possibly longer. Also, if we were confined to our cabins that long, my hubby would probably go crazy, which would make me go crazy in the process. I imediately looked on a cruise forum that I follow and did find one passenger who is posting. He said that the staff came around and asked for a list of everyone's medicines, and have put in a request to have that ordered. All meals are being deliverd to their rooms. The poor staff is going to be worked to death. I'll post updates as I hear them.
    This is terrible. I would be a basket case if confined to my room.
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue M. View Post
    This is terrible. I would be a basket case if confined to my room.
    Would you still get free drinks? I might be able to do it for a few weeks.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    You read my mind, Walt (as long as they keep delivering Tito's; once they run out, all bets would be off). But seriously, can't imagine how scary this would be, especially if you have an interior room without even a porthole!

0 2

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by WaltVB View Post
    Would you still get free drinks? I might be able to do it for a few weeks.
    No drinks, free or paid for at this point. They are not being treated like it is a cruise anymore. There's no room cleaning, very basic room service, no bar service,etc.
    Last edited by hatteras; 02-06-2020 at 08:50 PM.

0 2

Boca Catalina, Arashi Beach Manchebo Beach, Eagle Beach
    Post Thanks / Like
    The total of infected passengers on the ship is now 61. I assume that the newly diagnosed are also being transported to the hospital.

0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the updates. I am following your posts. I pray for everyone on 5his ship and their families.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Prayers for all these people. To think you can go on a cruise and end I’m up I. This type of situation is so sad. Sixty one people infected is just awful. The

Post Thanks / Like
    No drinks, free or paid for at this point. They are not being treated like it is a cruise anymore. There's no room cleaning, very basic room service, no bar service,etc.
    I'm not a cruiser, I spend way too much time on ships as it is. But I was wondering how they are handing food/drink service. If you are cleared do you get to leave the ship?

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    It's so scary. I just read in my paper from home that they designated the Joint Bases(McGuire, Ft. Dix, Lakehurst) as a quarantine camp in case of a pandemic in the US.