This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Post Thanks / Like
    We have the news on now and it is just so scary.

Post Thanks / Like
    My wife has a couple of "rules" and one of them is I can NEVER watch the news when anyone else is around....she hates the news with a passion as she says they never have anything good to say...and sadly she is not incorrect.

Quote Originally Posted by robin View Post
    We have the news on now and it is just so scary.

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    So here we are ...Feb 26 and the CDC finally admitted yesterday that it is likely it will get worse before better (I am paraphrasing)

My son called us last night (reminding us that he was much smarter than us after all bla bla bla). His concern was telling us to stay clear of Disney and the germs.
    Telling us....To stay clear of X because of the germs. To stay clear of Y because of the germs.
    He advised us to get to the grocery and do a real grocery order instead of our usual daily stop in Publix or Aldi for a couple of items.
    Well, I had to work this morning but Paul went to buy a few essentials............ He and a thousand other people. Lots and Lots of people.
    I eventually got home and the stuff that Paul bought, reminded me of hurricane preparedness.

I think the whole thing is just nuts.
    Don't we have a better chance at catching the flu than this corona?
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Andrea I am not sure what to think about this corona thing. Yes as of right now we have a better chance of catching the flu....and dying from it. In fact over 80,000 people died in the US in 2017 because of it. I am somewhat concerned this will spread like wildfire across the globe. I am not one of those people that prepare for disaster but I WILL be prepared for this. I actually spoke to my wife about it last night and she thinks I am nuts....its not on her radar at all. By the weekend I will make sure I have at least a months worth of food/water for my family and dogs. It seems crazy to prepare but when the head of the CDC comes out and says "Its not if but when it comes here" I take notice. With all the stuff going on in Italy I will at least take the time to prepare for the worst and hope for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    So here we are ...Feb 26 and the CDC finally admitted yesterday that it is likely it will get worse before better (I am paraphrasing)

My son called us last night (reminding us that he was much smarter than us after all bla bla bla). His concern was telling us to stay clear of Disney and the germs.
    Telling us....To stay clear of X because of the germs. To stay clear of Y because of the germs.
    He advised us to get to the grocery and do a real grocery order instead of our usual daily stop in Publix or Aldi for a couple of items.
    Well, I had to work this morning but Paul went to buy a few essentials............ He and a thousand other people. Lots and Lots of people.
    I eventually got home and the stuff that Paul bought, reminded me of hurricane preparedness.

I think the whole thing is just nuts.
    Don't we have a better chance at catching the flu than this corona?
    Last edited by Aruba4ever; 02-26-2020 at 12:17 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

corona question

Here is a question for you. So today I was talking with one of my health classes about their Feb break and asked if anyone did anything fun. One person shared he just got back from Italy on Saturday....my heart dropped a bit and then asked him what parts did he visit and his first response was a city I was not familiar with, but the next was Milan and this certainly has me somewhat concerned.

This is how it will spread around the world...he has not even been home long enough to get symptoms and as many as 80% of the people that have it don't show any symptoms. Its crazy to think that something that is on the other side of the world potentially made it into my classroom....not a great thought to be perfectly honest with you!

So my question is do you think people returning from an area like Milan should be self quarantined for 14 days?

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    my head is spinning with all of the corona stuff.
    our IRA is beginning to hurt.
    I believe that we are being lied to by our g'vmnt. (lying by omission...I believe that we are not being informed 100%)
    I wish we had some good answers Jay!

I am down and out with Spring allergies, but today I am feverish with 100.6
    so I am housebound.
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sometimes I think the media sensationalizes way more than necessary BUT it is important for all of us to stay informed. We were in Vegas a few weeks ago during the Chinese New Year. Normally there would be many tourists from China but because of flights being discontinued we didn’t see the crowds. It does make you stop and think about the what if’s. We can only hope that screening at the airports and when necessary not allowing flights in, will help prevent the spread. My feeling is it’s more of when rather than if it is an issue here.

Post Thanks / Like
    One of the attorneys in my office has neighbors who are Asian. The neighbors and their friends divided up a map of Connecticut. They hit and conquered all the Home Depots and Lowe's and bought up all the masks that are effective for this type of virus (I think they are R95s or N95s).
    Darlene
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm sorry, but I think that's awful and horribly selfish (especially since I live in CT!). There's a lot more I could say about it, but I'll refrain.

0 1