This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid 19-AKA Corona virus

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for posting this, Andrea!

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    First two cases of Corona in the Netherlands has been reported. Its getting closer and closer!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrea J. View Post
    here is the notification:

If you are looking for trip cancellation coverage because you are concerned about the Coronavirus, you will now need to purchase a plan that includes Cancel For Any Reason since the travel warnings are now foreseen. This benefit is time-sensitive and has eligibility requirements, so not all travelers will qualify. Residents of New York State do not qualify for Cancel for Any Reason due to state insurance regulations. Please be sure to read the plan details carefully before purchasing.To see only the plans that may have coverage for Coronavirus, choose "Comprehensive" under Plan Types list and then select "Cancel For Any Reason" in the Coverages list below.
    Yet someone had the courage to write the lyrics "I LOVE NY"

OUR COUPLE'S RETREAT. THE PEARL CONDO HOTEL EAGLE BEACH. CONDO ACCOMMODATES TWO ADULTS. YOU MUST REQUEST UNIT #8. https://photos.app.goo.gl/lRquP1F4VtxyZhR42 RENTING DIRECTLY http://www.pearlarubacondos.com/. SEND PM BEFORE BOOKING FOR REFERRAL.
    0 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    hahaha apparently
    Quote Originally Posted by schexc View Post
    Yet someone had the courage to write the lyrics "I LOVE NY"
    ​In a world where you can be anything, be kind!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    We had a message from the transplant department at Mass General hospital today. They stated that while they don’t know if transplant patients would be more susceptible to the corona virus they suspect they would. They are recommending to NOT make any elective travel.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like

Corona Virus

I work in healthcare, and have been watching news coverage of the impending pandemic. I also worked many hours in 2009 in an ICU during the H1N1 crisis. We had many patients on ventilators who were diagnosed with H1N1, but the majority of them had comorbidities (several other underlying health issues). I remember one young man dying who was in his 40's. That was it. He had had an undiagnosed underlying health issue. But in all the press releases I am reading, there is no one stressing all of the folks who became infected with Covid-19, who recovered! MOST patients have recovered. I am just trying to point out all the news coverage so far has been bordering on hysteria. Sure, we should take precautions like hand washing very seriously, but we also have to live our lives. Until mass quarantines are put into effect. The flu and H1N1 were/are also very serious and I see no one advocating for quarantines when the likelihood of getting flu (even with the flu shot) is far greater than that of contracting Covid-19.
    My take is that there is a bit of hysteria with the media, and just take it all with a grain of salt, and do what any prudent person would do. (and I am leaving this week for sunny Aruba!)
    0 2

Post Thanks / Like
    And Pegmeister, you are right to be concerned. Good luck to your husband, hope you both stay well
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rern73 View Post
    I work in healthcare, and have been watching news coverage of the impending pandemic. I also worked many hours in 2009 in an ICU during the H1N1 crisis. We had many patients on ventilators who were diagnosed with H1N1, but the majority of them had comorbidities (several other underlying health issues). I remember one young man dying who was in his 40's. That was it. He had had an undiagnosed underlying health issue. But in all the press releases I am reading, there is no one stressing all of the folks who became infected with Covid-19, who recovered! MOST patients have recovered. I am just trying to point out all the news coverage so far has been bordering on hysteria. Sure, we should take precautions like hand washing very seriously, but we also have to live our lives. Until mass quarantines are put into effect. The flu and H1N1 were/are also very serious and I see no one advocating for quarantines when the likelihood of getting flu (even with the flu shot) is far greater than that of contracting Covid-19.
    My take is that there is a bit of hysteria with the media, and just take it all with a grain of salt, and do what any prudent person would do. (and I am leaving this week for sunny Aruba!)
    VERY well said. News media thrives on sensationalism and hype. Not trying to downplay all of this but you make a great point. I hope it eases at least one members mind over the outbreak. Have a great trip and check in with us while you're there!

0 0