This site uses cookies. Some are essential while others improve your browsing experience and allow us to advertise. For more info visit the privacy policy page.

Allow inessential cookies for:

Your preferences have been updated.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy day!

Post Thanks / Like

Crazy day!

Today stunk! To see your son demoralized because the POC- (piece of crap) coach/owner of the club my son plays for went off on my boy tonight. The POC is the owner as mentioned, and was filling in for the head coach who was out of state. This man should not be around kids! He is a former pro and must think everyone is going to be a professional....as his actions crossed lines I've not seen crossed. He said to my son the following and other things my son just can't recall as he was so distraught.... CJ do you know how to play soccer? If I was coaching this team full-time you would not be on it. Do you know how to run? Do you know how to listen? My son cried the entire way home. I am glad I was not close enough to the bench to hear him berate our son or it may have gotten ugly!

Just venting. My wife almost lost her mind when we came home and I told her what happened and she was prepared to tell the entire club what transpired until I "begged" her not to include everyone is our craziness. Don't see us giving them another 3k next year, lol. Oh my things should not be this crazy in the 6th grade.
    Just Booked trip 36- Trip report starting in June.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    I am stunned! My heart hurts for your son! I agree, this man should not be around young children. Not a good coaching technique for pros but criminal to treat children this way. Your son may need some assistance working through this sad situation.
    1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry for CJ! Some of these sports teams do get out of control. Once you are feeling more calm about it maybe try appealing to the coach. Unfortunately, he sounds like the type that would not hear you. Fortunately, CJ has you guys to build him back up!

1 0

Post Thanks / Like
    So sorry about what happened to CJ. Hopefully you and your wife can convince him to get his confidence back! Very cruel what that guy did! It should be reported if possible.
    1 0

Aruba since 1979
    Post Thanks / Like
    no one has any right to verbally abuse anyone especially a child.

"how about the words...........good hustle kid, but please next time hustle more"
    never criticize a child without a bit of praising first.

that person is very lucky that mama bear and papa bear are not taking it any further.

THINK.. is it Thoughtful? Helpful? Inspirational? Necessary? Kind? SIDTM
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks to all of you. Not an easy night in my household for sure. Sadly we have no options other than to quit..Francis is not the man you talk with he does, well Francis.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My son is an owner/coach of a club soccer team in Connecticut. There is no way he would ever berate a player like that. I’m sure your son had to try out for the team and clearly he made the cut. Obviously soccer can no longer be fun for your son if he remains in this club. Quitting is probably your best option. Hopefully his school or your town has a spring season that he can join so he can regain his confidence. Then next year find a different soccer club for him to play on, if he’s ready to.
    ‘Now this part isn’t advice but just unsolicited information about what I would do. I would give the owner the same tongue lashing he gave your son; just insert the word coach for player. Then I would let his regular coach know in no uncertain terms why your son is leaving the club.
    For Pete’s sake! The boy is in 6th grade. This is supposed to be FUN!
    Please relay this story to your son: my daughter is an outstanding athlete. However, her JV volleyball coach saw that she was short, made a decision based on that, and had her play the bench. Whenever Steph was in the game the score would go up. When I pointed it out to the coach she told me Steph would never be the athlete I think she could be because of her height (barely 5 feet tall). Steph finished the volleyball season and went on to become an All State Honorable Mention basketball player in high school. Her 3 pointers became legendary in our district. She was a three letter athlete (soccer, basketball and softball), still holds the record for the most goals in soccer in the school district, and Athlete of the Year in high school. She also played Division 2 soccer on scholarship in college. She’s 37 now and is a school guidance counselor and still coaches high school soccer and basketball.
    Oh, and that volleyball coach? We live in a small town so we frequently cross paths. To this day, decades later I still laugh whenever she tries to slink away from me!
    0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the message. I am at a loss of what to do at this moment. I run the HS program where we live...at least I know he won't be berated by anyone soon for sure as anyone on my staff that did that would be dismissed in a seconds notice. I am sure I will say something but prefer to say it to him...not to start a fight but so there is no way to dismiss me or ignore it via an email. Just a crazy crazy experience.

0 0

Post Thanks / Like
    My heart breaks for your son. You’re right in that you may say something to him. If for nothing else maybe he’ll think twice before taking to a child -or anyone- like that again. This guys is a real jerk.

Quote Originally Posted by Aruba4ever View Post
    Thanks for the message. I am at a loss of what to do at this moment. I run the HS program where we live...at least I know he won't be berated by anyone soon for sure as anyone on my staff that did that would be dismissed in a seconds notice. I am sure I will say something but prefer to say it to him...not to start a fight but so there is no way to dismiss me or ignore it via an email. Just a crazy crazy experience.
    0 1

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't know him personally and I don't know if he treats kids like that or everyone. If its the later it could be an interesting conversation as I am not a child who would not respond to his demeaning words.

Thanks to all for allowing me to vent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuckahoe View Post
    My heart breaks for your son. You’re right in that you may say something to him. If for nothing else maybe he’ll think twice before taking to a child -or anyone- like that again. This guys is a real jerk.

0 0